• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat sick

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Our cat snuck in to our room and was really sick, he vomited in 4 different places on the floor- bless him.
I picked all the lumps up with kitchen roll then sprayed disinfectant on the floor.
I accidently walked over the floor before wiping it but I had sprayed it, is that ok?
Can cat sick pose a threat to Jimby and Cookie?

My cat used to vomit up hair balls, grass and cat food. So often you couldn't see it on the floor boards but you could feel it when you walked on it. :mrgreen:

It never affected the bunnies or chinchillas.

My cat used to vomit up hair balls, grass and cat food. So often you couldn't see it on the floor boards but you could feel it when you walked on it. :mrgreen:

It never affected the bunnies or chinchillas.

As Simba is an indoor cat, it was mostly his biscuits :mrgreen: smelt bad though! :mrgreen:
So accidently walking on the unwiped floor and then going up to the buns would not be a problem?

No. Bacteria of course is on everything but I'd doubt there would be particularly nasty bacteria in cat puke. I've only gotten cat puke up and not sprayed it with anything lots of times (and when I do spray it's just white vinegar- I don't like using cleaners).

As Simba is an indoor cat, it was mostly his biscuits :mrgreen: smelt bad though! :mrgreen:
So accidently walking on the unwiped floor and then going up to the buns would not be a problem?

The pile of vomitted cat biscuits, I remember it well. It never smells nice.

No don't worry, the soles of your shoes or feet don't go into the bunnies mouth.

Back