• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

third times the charm? vibes for phoebe please.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Lily and merlin....now phoebe has gi slowdown. Shes been very quiet and asking for attention...which she never does normally.

shes been a bit quiet but eating pellets and hay.....then tonight i picked her up to check her over..a smear of soft poo swiped on my nightshirt. We gave her metacam and metaclopramide...then discovered she had a flea on her:shock:

so gave her the tube of advantage, must have been that irritating her...no signs of fleas in house...but have had one or two on the cats and bertie. Am going to steam clean all soft furnishings and crpets. thats the only thng that can break the shell of the flea egg wide open.

still nows shes feling unwell and has a teeny sticky poop on her bottom...so unlike her bless her. I have chnaged her litter tray contents so i can se whats shes done in her tray poopwise.

merlin...lily then merlin again...and now....phoebe:( whats going on!?

Oh dear :cry: How worrying that all three are unwell :cry:

I wonder if it would be a good idea to get Phoebe seen by a Vet today ?

Re the fleas, do you regularly treat ALL your Cats and Rabbits aswell as the environment ?

It may not have been he best idea to use Advantage on Phoebe if she is unwell and you are not sure what is wrong, so I'd keep a close eye on her and give the Vet a call.

Sending vibes :)

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that more of your furry family are having troubles. Doubling and tripling up healing vibes for you and yours.
(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you all so much for the vibes...must have worked! Shes pooing a little smaller than usual..but theres heaps of it:thumb:

i did the usual treat at home go see vet if things get :thumb:worse or dont improve.

poor girl even had a sticky bottom...never had that before. Good ole zantac....metaclopramide and metacam...with infacol of course. And close monitoring cage rest.

:wave: Jane yes i do treat cats n buns...even tho the cats dont go outside unless its warm dry weather with the buns..basically theyre house cats. :wave: i dont use chemical sprays on carpets etc....i :wave::wave:eek:und out that very hot steam cleaner steam is the only thing to be able to break down flea eggs. I have the mouldy little room to steam clean now......ive done my bedroom...now i need to do the stairs landing and furnishings in the lounge.

no signs of flea larvae or tell tale squiggly black things..flea poo.

Nope we decided phoebe was depressed...and who could blame her...she wasnt getting enough exercise. so we waited till she was eating and pooping fine...then let her live free n nikkis bedroom with my room gated off.....and until she got the pen panel across nikkis room down she was happy in there...to be with merlin:love:

the little rascals been attacking lily thru the gate bars..i had to add a pen panel! so then shed go downstairs to sleep under the hallway radiator..the hottest in the house as its nearest the boiler.
so she spent her time between under the stairs with the cats sleeping....on the hallway floor or nikkis room.

Tonight nikki finally caught her when she came into nikis room..clipped her toenails for her...gave her a cuddle and nosey and cheeky rbs.....then popped her in melrins cage and took out his teddy bear and him and his tray...and hes running riot now.....whilst shes caged up until shift changes again. His poops are still very small but being togehter theyve got each other happy and eaten together etc..made each other eat and poop!!

the cats all3 went missing from lounge..all 3 asleep dozing on the floor with phoebe..and now merlin.

I think she was depressed....and lonely and fed up with lily in the same room. Shes picked up so much.....no fighting through ca:pge bars with merlin either.
when both are fully recovered..i think rebonding would be a good thing:thumb:

Sounds so much more positive. :love: Fleas have to be one of the most useless insects and I am glad there seems to be no sign of them.

Vibes that the rebonding goes well. xxx

thank you amanda:wave:

yep fleas n ticks..eww......and furmites!!!

shes been put in merlins cage for two days whilst hes out..and now its swapsies again...EXCEPT this time shes restricted to nikkis room via a new babygate!

i have one on my bedroom doorway...one acros the lounge..one across the kitchen and hallway doorway....kitchens then tooo wide into lounge for a gate.

now one across nikkis...and the spare damp mouldy bedroom:(

lindam baby gates...can i have some money for advertising your product for everyone who comes into our house?:lol::lol:

I use Lindham too!:lol::lol:

So glad you have more positive news on your babies. The rebonding does sound like a good idea when you are all ready. :D

Sending continued vibes xxx

Back