• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Missy - Now has a permanent sanctuary space here with us for Christmas.

Missy the rotti was overdue for being put to sleep at the local pound, so we intervened and saved her from that fate. Unfortunately a situation which many dogs that have been abandoned or stray face every day.

Her owners were contacted but they didn't want her back, even though she had been microchipped and wanted at one time or another.

After several rehoming attempts were unsuccessful, we have decided to give Missy a permanent sanctuary space here due to her ongoing medical issues and behavioral problems.

Missy suffers with hip dysplacia which will need to be managed for the rest of her life and has had tumours removed from her along with showing aggression towards dogs and people.

This is Missy. We are hoping that her problems will improve with various therapies and training we have planned for her.

qOpn4l.jpg

have you registered your charity on ebay? when i start selling on there properly, i'll donate 10% of sales to you.:wave:

How could her previous owners turn their back on her, knowing she was on death row?! Just heartbreaking :cry: Well done for saving her :) She's very lucky xx

:censored: she is so gorgeous grrr at her last owners for just deserting her , if my two rotties got ill i'd go to the ends of the earth to get them treated even if that meant going without myself sorry it just upsets me :shock:

That is one lucky rottie :love:

Do you think you will beable to get on top of her behavioural issues? Is she good with people she knows?

Thankyou for your kind replies
--------------

Thats really kind stargrrlclaire. Thankyou.

---------------

Gemmapookie- I hope we will be able to resolve her issues. We are also giving her joint supplements and going to try hydrotherapy with her. She is on loxicom at the moment for painrelief. We are also working on reducing her weight and giving her a special diet as reccomended by our vets to help with this.

We are doing gentle introductions with dogs at her own pace. This i think will be a long process and although she is quite territorial regarding new people, if she meets them on neutral territory she is better, providing anyone dealing with her respects her comfort limitations and boundries. You can see by her behaviour that she has had quite a traumatic background.

----------------

Captain Helen- Sadly, it is really common with dogs in the pound not to be wanted back as there is a fee and upto 7days worth kenneling fees to pay for how long the dog has stayed in the councils care. After 7 days the council are no longer obligated to keep the dog alive and they can then be destroyed.

Back