• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Darcy - Triple fits - Rectal Valium used 22/12/11 p74

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Darcy just had an awful pain spasm/fit that last nearly 5 minutes. I have given him a higher dose of metacam (early) and he has calmed down now and is resting. Please please send any spare vibes to my precious boy.:cry::cry:

He has been having them once a week but only for a few seconds to a minute. The vet said if the come daily then we have to say goodbye. Oh god I can't lose him so soon after losing Frasier.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Poor Darcy :cry:

Do you know what is causing them ?

Are they actual epileptic type fits or muscle spasms relating to his arthritis ?

Poor Darcy :cry:

Do you know what is causing them ?

Are they actual epileptic type fits or muscle spasms relating to his arthritis ?

We are assuming they are muscle spasm pain from the arthritis. Metacam seems to help. I give him extra when needed.

I feel so sick. He had a short spasm yesterday and now this long one tonight. He is fine now. He spreads himself out with his paws laid out behind him. He eats, comes after me for treats and fuss. But then when he has a fit I question what I'm doing. :cry::cry:

I have but my vet doesn't do it. I will ring around tomorrow. I did assume that it would be too stressful as he loathes going the vet and I can't imagine him staying still. But I have to try everything I can. I just want him to be as pain free and happy as possible.

Jane, how do you do it? My heart is breaking.

Oh you poor thing! How fightening! :cry:

I'm sending you a massive hug and noserubs for your Darcy.

xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this about Darcy you must be worried sick :cry::cry:

Is Darcy a house bun? I have never heard of muscle spasms from arthritis but if it really is related this then I would suspect this sudden temp drop to be a huge contributor. Can you provide him with an electric pet blanket or heat pad to sit on when he is resting day AND night? :wave:

I'm so sorry to hear this about Darcy you must be worried sick :cry::cry:

Is Darcy a house bun? I have never heard of muscle spasms from arthritis but if it really is related this then I would suspect this sudden temp drop to be a huge contributor. Can you provide him with an electric pet blanket or heat pad to sit on when he is resting day AND night? :wave:

Yes Darcy is very much a free range house bun. I bought him a large elec heated pad that you recommended to me actually. Getting him to use the bloomin thing is another matter!! :roll:

What else could these fits be?? The vet said he though it was pain spasms from the arthritis and spondylosis.

Yes Darcy is very much a free range house bun. I bought him a large elec heated pad that you recommended to me actually. Getting him to use the bloomin thing is another matter!! :roll:

What else could these fits be?? The vet said he though it was pain spasms from the arthritis and spondylosis.

Oh cool, really glad you have one of those heat pads that I suggested... sorry I forget so much these days (baby brain :oops:). Well i'm sure your vet knows better than me but I would suspect something neurological such as epilepsy or EC for a bunny fitting. Is he 'fitting' fitting as in collapsed and convulsing and 'out of it'? When Nino used to have acute arthritic pain he would just become very quiet, huddled and withdrawn or flop out. :? I've not had a bun fit before so I don't really know what I would expect to see to be honest, just not aware how an inflammatory condition could cause fitting :?

Back