• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How cold do you let it get before heating up the snugglesafe?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi,

I haven't heated up Finx and Tango's snugglesafe yet as I want them to benefit as much as possible when it gets really cold! But how long do you think I should wait?

It feels pretty cold to me :lol: but they're not fussed yet, it's still above freezing most nights, only a couple of frosts so far here... It's the first time I've had rabbits outdoors in winter!

Mine have had snugglesafes last night and today (it's been around 4C at night and around 9C during day). Anywhere below 10C and I put the heatpad in. i don't know how much they use it, but it means that its there if they need it. :)

I've been putting the snugglesafes in when it gets down to about 2 degrees, but Daisy and Digby just ignore them!! Daisy actually goes to the trouble of moving it out of her way :roll: and it's her who feels the coldest, as she doesn't have as much fur, especially on her ears. It's been horrible today, only just above zero and lots of hail/snow showers :( I hate them being outside.

Back