• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lola dental issues... Just my luck!!!

shelley

Mama Doe
I took Lola for her myxi update today. She's never had her teeth checked and because she is 4.5yrs old and a rescue bun the vet said she wanted to check her teeth (ive not had them checked before, only Buster had his checked for the insurance)

Anyway its my blimming luck that Lola has a missformed tooth that is likely to need removing and large spurs :( Lola is absolutly fine and the vet had said that although the spurs are large on one side, because they are so thick they shouldnt cause any problems at all. The rest of her teeth are perfect but she might need a dental in 6mnths time :cry: I dont have any insurance so im going to start saving now just incase. Im going to purchase insurance now anyway although its not likely they will cover her teeth. I cant believe it this is typical bad luck, first Buster and now Lola

Oh no, that is such bad luck :cry:

I am a bit :? as to why the Vet did not want to address the issue sooner rather than later though :?

I think its because i was very adamant that she is absolutly fine at the moment. She eats hay like theres no tomorrow and the tooth has clearly been like it for some time so i dont think its bothering her at all. After everything thats happened with Buster and his new problems that have occured because of the operation on his teeth and the antibiotics id rather not rock the boat with Lola because she had stasis alot when i got her and she's been fab for a long while now. Id hate her to have the op then go back to having continuing troubles with her gut. Bunnies are complicated :( I wouldnt change either of them for the world though. She has to be seen again in a few months time for a dental check for the insurance so Gemma will see if it has got better or worse. She said in the mean time to keep feeding good quality hay and give her more wood to chew on

Back