• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 Signs that you're rabbit mad...

ElsasMummy

Warren Scout
1. You spend more time than you'd like to admit looking very closely at poo.
2. You can name at least 4 types of hay and know exactly where to buy them.
3. You have a whole drawer of your fridge dedicated to greens for rabbit consumption.
4. You fantasise about the perfect set up of sheds/tubes/runs...
5. You are on first name terms with the most rabbit savvy vet in your area and could probably tell the other vets a thing or two about rabbits...

... I'm sure there's lots more, please feel free to add to this list!!

6. You spend hours outside in the rain and wind cleaning up wearing an old dressing gown, hat and wellies really enjoying yourself!
7. You talk bunny talk to yourself when there's no one around
8. You think tiny bunny poos are really sweet
9. You take more time and effort with preparing Bunny greens and food that it looks nicer than your own
10. Bunny beds are warmer and snugglier than your own

:lol::lol:

12. You go on a night out and a friend of yours pulls hay out of your hair :thumb:
13. You argue with the vet and push for more tests/painkillers even though they tell you its a waste of money.
14. The receptionists at the vets know your voice on the phone.
15. Certain foods/drinks arent allowed in certain rooms (or the house at all!) in case the bunnies nom them.
16. You dont go away somewhere because you cant find anywhere close that is good enough for the buns to stay.
17. You have no money because the bunnies needed vet care.
18. The buns destroy something and you're not mad at them because its your fault for leaving it there.
19. You dont get any sleep because the buns are jumping on you or making too much noise, but you dont mind.
20. You refer to yourself as 'Mummy' when you are talking to the bunnies.

21. You're ideal treat for yourself is a new dustpan and brush.
22. If you have a partner you insist on calling him Daddy when talking to the buns :)

14. The receptionists at the vets know your voice on the phone.

:oops::oops::oops: Yup that's me too.:oops:
Though even better, the on-call vet was leaving the premises at lunchtime when I was picking up a bunny and said, "See you later" - it turns out that he was aiming that at me not the staff:oops:

23. You tell someone something random and interesting and when they ask how you know you say 'it was on the rabbit forum'. :oops:

1. You spend more time than you'd like to admit looking very closely at poo.
2. You can name at least 4 types of hay and know exactly where to buy them.
3. You have a whole drawer of your fridge dedicated to greens for rabbit consumption.
4. You fantasise about the perfect set up of sheds/tubes/runs...
5. You are on first name terms with the most rabbit savvy vet in your area and could probably tell the other vets a thing or two about rabbits...

... I'm sure there's lots more, please feel free to add to this list!!

:lol: I'm totally guilty to all of these, but especially number 1! I've had a bit of an obsession with rabbit poo ever since Boris had his first episode of stomach problems (he had them quite frequently when he was a youngster), and to this day I always check their poops VERY carefully. I even compliment them when they've produced an exceptionally nice pile of droppings :oops: (which MUST be done in a squeaky baby voice that makes whoever is home at the time stare at me and seriously question my mental health :lol:)

No, 20 and 22

sadly none of my buns have a daddy at the moment, but do have a mummy, granny and a grandaddy who love them muchly :D

14, 17 and 20 are definately me and technically the rabbits are my daughters not mine.

24. You make a comment to friends about rabbits and cant understand why they dont get your drift. When you know if you put the comment on here everyone would understand it and comment on it

24. You make a comment to friends about rabbits and cant understand why they dont get your drift. When you know if you put the comment on here everyone would understand it and comment on it

I do this all the time :lol: usually if say how happy I am about the amount of hay they eat, or the size of their poops, or wondering if I should change rabbit food.

no wonder my boyfriend and parents think I'm mad! I can definatly relate in most, if not to all of these pointers! Oh dear......sod it, I love them ;):lol::thumb:

Back