• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Guinea pig Twiglet - U/D Twiglet had to be put to sleep :( 14/12/11

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
This is my amazing guinea pig TWIGLET :love: , He is 6 & half years old. I brought him from a local garden centre back in 2005, Sadly Twiglet has catterax ( cant spell it) basically his eyes are cloudy, he is completely blind in his left eye, but he can see in his right eye. He is the most friendliest loving piggie ever, never bitten, always easy to handle. He is currently on baytrill and going back to the vets for injections as he has suffered with mites :( he also had a bit of compaction and we have to help get the poo out now and again, he is getting better day by day. :D I cant imagine him not being here...

P1040830.jpg

P1040828.jpg

Last edited:
Oh he is gorgeous, all that fur must talke some grooming!!

I hope he is feeling all better soon.x.

Thank you everyone, at the moment he has quite short fur as I cut it to keep him nice and clean, he is a very unusual colour, looks like he has bleach blonde highlights :lol:

UPDATE - I'm devastated Went in to bunny shed to check on the pets and twiglet was lead down and I honestly thought he was dead picked him up, put him on the floor to see if he could walk and he kept falling rushed to the vets and they said it apears that he has had a bleed to his brain, he kept falling so we had to have him put to sleep, he was so skinny and frail. It was devastating, they gave him the injection I cuddled him, then they checked and he was still breathing, within 20 mins my baby was gone miss you twiglet you were the best :'( tribute video to follow later .....

Back