• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strange morning

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
My quad seem very withdrawn today for some reason :? They didn't finish their breakfast and aren't responding to me when I call them over. They re-act when I shake their breakfast feed but aren't hugely interested in eating the content. So I did my number one course of action which was to let them out into the grass/patio. They've really livened up and are running, sprinting, binkying, and eating lots of grass. But why do you think suddenly today they're a bit withdrawn? :S

How strange :? Is it abit colder or wetter today where you are than it has been? They havent eaten anything new? :wave:

How strange :? Is it abit colder or wetter today where you are than it has been? They havent eaten anything new? :wave:

Yes....mum gave them hamster mix yesterday morning :shock::roll: they left certain bits of it but seemed to enjoy it...I told mummy off though, she thought it was a new rabbit treat mix? :? But they've eaten since then

Did they eat alot of it? I wouldnt think that would cause problems really, although you never know. Id just hold off on any greens for the day, ensure they eat tons of hay and drink lots of water and keep a close eye on them.

Im sure the darker evenings make them more lethargic, mine bomb around in the evenings during the summer but since its been dark they're alot quieter :wave:

they got a lot....about 250grams worth between them! I've had them out on the grass for hours to try get them moving and move what might be in their gut :) I have a feeling they're just having a lazy day but at the same time...eating something they wouldn't normally eat probably didn't help at all. I'm about to go out in the dark and check on them though. My partner Reece tried to see them today (they don't see him often as we don't live together) and they didn't welcome him with open paws :lol: So I think that started off the sulk. they know me and my smell very well, and they like my mum too as she ALWAYS treats them to most left over/almost gone off veg, so mum is in the rabbits good books. But Reece usually just visits them and they don't get treats off him much, even though he tried to give them their breakfast, it seemed to put them off of it. Maybe it's because Reece is a smoker...who knows. but they seem a little better a few hours ago :) shall see how they are in a minute :)

Back