• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lidocaine pile cream for anal polyps?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
hi...berties has been a problem for a few years now and wasnt even diagnosed until we changed vets!! But they said removal isnt good...they grow back so fast.....and berties pasturella and GA is not good.

i made his polyp rear its ugly head...literally. i was trying to pull off dried soft poo...i was using scissors on some bits but due to my blackouts i turne back to teasing and pulling....and a huge bit came away...and i made his anal polyp massive and outside his body.:(

different practice gave me fuciderm but i couldnt remember what it was called.....and our vet was thinking itd be cheaper and more effective in a hurry until the gel could be prescribed.

He said something like preparation h...anusol etc.......

ive been looking online and found them all and soemthing called germoloids i think its called....its basically sudocrem like but with lidocaine in it. I know lidocaine is used in ops on buns as local .....

if it could realy help bertie.....and stop his paina nd irritation so he could poo normally and wee nomrally instead of putting his whole back end up in the air......its gotta be worth it.....

he gets coated in squishy poo becasue of it anyway and his arthritis.

poor old bunster.

advice please.:wave:

yes jane....tuesday.....and he got it to pop back in but as soon as bertie breathed..it popped out again. This has happened several times now and each time its been cream and patience.

the first time i saw it i thought it was the start of a prolapse!! but then i didnt know about anal polyps...wished i had...removal may have worked for a year.....its my fault.....i pulled the fur..it made the polpy sore and outside more than usual.

We have two bunnies with polyps, Charlie has anal polyps and I've had him to the vet's to have them checked and they can't do anything as they are too far up his bottom Bless him, the vet said as long as they don't grow too much he should be ok, if they grow we then have a problem, so far they have not grown.

His partner Ruby had polyps on her lady bit's and they caused her big problems as she would urinate on herself due to them and they made the polyps sore and red and they would bleed and we took her to see our vet and get them checked and she said she could remove them which she did. We were told that they may grow back but she had the op back in May and so far they have not grown back.

Preparation h...anusol etc will not do any good at all you would just been wasting your money, Fuciderm is recommended for polyps it doesn't get rid of them but just takes the swelling down a little bit.

Ruby the day after she had the polyps removed.

5-5-11RosyafterherOp1.jpg

oh my...thank you for that. poor ruby...glad its helped her a lot:wave:

three different veterinary practices and various different vets....and i get he same response every time honest:(

im wondering if theyre thinking with all his health probs hell die soon anyway:cry:

yes im phoning in morning to ask for fucidem again......but i feel for the poor old man..its my fault i gotit inflammed again.

do you think i should push for surgery then...even with his pasturella seizures and him being over 7yrs old?:( i hate to think im letting him suffer in so much pain..its not fair.

oh my...thank you for that. poor ruby...glad its helped her a lot:wave:

three different veterinary practices and various different vets....and i get he same response every time honest:(

im wondering if theyre thinking with all his health probs hell die soon anyway:cry:

yes im phoning in morning to ask for fucidem again......but i feel for the poor old man..its my fault i gotit inflammed again.

do you think i should push for surgery then...even with his pasturella seizures and him being over 7yrs old?:( i hate to think im letting him suffer in so much pain..its not fair.

Under the circumstances with him being over 7 years old and the seizures I think surgery is something you would have to discuss with a good rabbit savvy vet

'Good Luck' :)

Back