• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Mr Bennett is bullying Cutie-pie. Bond still ok but worried.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Those of you that know about Mr Bennett, he has had 2 failed bonds before Cutie-pie.

Lately I have notice a few chunks of fur out of his back. Not hard to tell as he is black and its obvious. I have seen patches of fur here and there, but white so assuming its Cutie-pies.

I do have to watch Mr Bennett, not just because he is always trying to chew something, but he chases her over food and she gives up, runs and leaves it. Only outside the hutch.

Today the usual running around but Cutie-pie was not happy. She went into the indoor hutch and wouldn't even eat a crunchy.

I notice during the day they go in separate rooms. In the late afternoon, evening and night Mr Bennett is so needy with her and loves and adores her, but he can also chase her around and off and really stress her out.

What can I do ?

Maybe reduce their space ?
Neutralise a room and keep them in it? Treat them like a new bond.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will be able to tell you :oops:

Has anything changed in the environment? I agree that having less space for a while might work and then slowly increase it. Watch them closely to see when the behaviour is happening as that might give you a clue as to why. The only other thing I can think of is you are having to make a hard decision right now and animals pick up on this. It could be making him anxious? It might just be a phase, do you know how long it's been going on for?

Its been one and off for months but I usually let them get on with it. They have always decided when they want separate rooms since the beginning.

Obviously if the worst happens I would separate but keep Mr Bennett. :love: The devil he is.;)

Have always noticed Cutie-pie gives thumping warnings when she is fed up. Every morning at the crack of dawn I hear her thump.

I have a feeling he really doesn't know how to act with another bunny. Its clear he loves her and he can be such a soppy boy but when he has his mad times, he chases her.

They are cuddling up now. Sometimes its hard to explain it exactly in words.

Its been one and off for months but I usually let them get on with it. They have always decided when they want separate rooms since the beginning.

Obviously if the worst happens I would separate but keep Mr Bennett. :love: The devil he is.;)

Have always noticed Cutie-pie gives thumping warnings when she is fed up. Every morning at the crack of dawn I hear her thump.

I have a feeling he really doesn't know how to act with another bunny. Its clear he loves her and he can be such a soppy boy but when he has his mad times, he chases her.

I know what you mean. Like it would be better if she nipped him to let him know he is wrong because he just doesn't know. Perhaps it'll take him a while to learn to speak rabbit? But at the same time you don't want Cutie Pie getting stressed. Now is she stressed or just mad at him?

:love: the name our last name is bennett :wave:

I know what you mean. Like it would be better if she nipped him to let him know he is wrong because he just doesn't know. Perhaps it'll take him a while to learn to speak rabbit? But at the same time you don't want Cutie Pie getting stressed. Now is she stressed or just mad at him?

Mr Bennett was already known for nipping bottoms and he still does it, but not that often. Strangely enough I have seen Cutie-pie enjoy the running around, her pause, wait for him and run around again. Haven't actually seen the bottom nipping for a few weeks, but that doesn't mean he isn't doing it.

She is not stressed or mad at him now. Strange couple.

Back