• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are spinning hay racks good?

I dont see why that is any better than an ordinary hay rack. and its £10.
I got a screw on hay rack for my guinea hutch off amazon. about £3.

I dont see why that is any better than an ordinary hay rack. and its £10.
I got a screw on hay rack for my guinea hutch off amazon. about £3.

I've looked online and found it cheaper on other websites :) I am also going to look on ebay too.

To me it looks like the bars are too close together and they won't only be able to get to the bits that are sticking out?

Theres hardly any space for them to get the hay out!

I have the savic one http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/savic-bunny-roll-around-boredom-breaker-p-6767.html
P@H do it too. You can also put treats or pellets in the middle section and choose how big the hole openings are.

The buns do seem to like it and dont have trouble getting hay out of it, I use it for treat hay to keep it separate from the normal hay. The baby rexes I had here temporarily loved it more than my two, they used to paw at it to make it go round :love: it was good for them as they werent allowed in the run at night so got bored.

p.s the savic one is sturdy, they may open it if they try to destroy it but theyd have a really hard time actually breaking it.

Last edited:
i use those hay wire balls, they go mad for them, mabel is particulary noisy when trying to get the hay out, im sure she does it on purpose :lol:

I bought one for Alfie when he was little but he struggled to get anything out of it. :(

I definitely wouldn't advise using it with the stand though; Alfie managed to get caught up in it when he was indoors after his neuter and the whole thing was round his waist. Luckily he wasn't panicked, but I dread what to think could have happened if he'd have struggled or if it had happened when he was outside in his hutch. :shock:

I have one! Mine prefer it to their hay rack :wave: And they have no trouble emptying it a few times a day.

We have the savic one too. Only use it for treat hay to avoid waste. Jenson quite likes it, no problems getting the hay out.

I have one...used it for about a week before it went into long term storage! my buns struggled to get hay out as the gaps are so small...I couldn't get my hand in either to poke bunches of hay through the gaps. I think its also bulky and flimsy definitely wouldn't recommend it...you can have my one if you want :lol:

The savic one looks good

Back