• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this image in my head wrong

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
Today I thought about how cute my rabbits would look with collors on :angel: Not saying that I would as I don't have reason to. But is that wrong just having that though? :roll::lol:

I could just imagine a colour that suits all the bunnies
red for blossom (sable marten) nethi
purple for Bella (vienna marked) nethi
baby blue for Thumper (english coloured)? Mini-lop
Green for skittles (orange) Mini-lop

They would just look the CUTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I'd feel like I was chaining them up though...still, the image is cute :) especially with christmas coming up :shock::shock::shock: I'm so selfish aren't I?

I would just like to point out now...I am not planning to get my rabbits collars...I'm not daft! I just think the idea is just very cute :)

When I was younger and we had 2 bunnies, mum made them elasticated collars attached to long leads which in turn were attached to the washing line. This meant they had access to the grass but not the flowers and we could leave them semi-unsupervised. I know a lot of you reading this probably by now are blowing steam out of your ears BUT you have to remember this was 25 years ago when bunny ownership was in its infancy. However, neither bunny minded, struggled, lashed out etc - they were absolutely fine so no, although rabbits aren't "designed" to wear collars, some will tolerate it and look good, others won't. I wouldn't do it though simply because of the risk they'll probably end up hanging themselves!

I can absolutely see that it's a cute idea. :)
But I'd worry about collars getting caught in things and hurting the rabbits when they squeeze through small spaces, and wouldn't be surprised if buns tried to claw them off

Yeah, I'd never actually do it...which is where I think people on this thread are getting confused thinking I would? But the image in my mind is "awh". I'm happy the way they are though without the accessory! They're free reighn, the way they should be :D

Yeah, I'd never actually do it...which is where I think people on this thread are getting confused thinking I would? But the image in my mind is "awh". I'm happy the way they are though without the accessory! They're free reighn, the way they should be :D
Photoshop them? :)

Why? Because I don't agree with your idea of what is cute and what is not? You wanted opinions. My opinion is that animals should not be "decorated".

Your comment just seemed a bit forward and personal is all :S and now you sound angry and personal again :S No one said animals should be decorated.....sorry if I offended you....but really? You seem really angry about it...I was only saying how cute the image was in my head. I'm not suggesting it's a good idea annd I've already stated that in a previous comment :S

Why? Because I don't agree with your idea of what is cute and what is not? You wanted opinions. My opinion is that animals should not be "decorated".

Perhaps you took this thread a bit more seriously then it was intended to be? It wasn't a serious debate thread...more of a rhetorical thread if you like?

Well, I know some people don't accept this as an excuse, but English is not my first language, and I usually write things in a short and direct way, without all the woulds and coulds and mights and whatever else people use to sound more polite. Sorry if that comes over as "personal".

The sentence should read: "It is my personal opinion that animals should not get dressed up or decorated with any items unless it is for their own benefit and if someone feels the need to do so, they should get a stuffed toy instead and make it look cute." You are free to imagine anything you want, but if you ask a question like this on a forum, you are bound to receive a few strong opinions. It's up to you how personal you take things. :)

Well, I know some people don't accept this as an excuse, but English is not my first language, and I usually write things in a short and direct way, without all the woulds and coulds and mights and whatever else people use to sound more polite. Sorry if that comes over as "personal".

The sentence should read: "It is my personal opinion that animals should not get dressed up or decorated with any items unless it is for their own benefit and if someone feels the need to do so, they should get a stuffed toy instead and make it look cute." You are free to imagine anything you want, but if you ask a question like this on a forum, you are bound to receive a few strong opinions. It's up to you how personal you take things. :)

That is fair enough...and my reply back to that would be that I wasn't thinking, considering or even contemplating that it was a good idea, or that it should happen...and my reason for posting a thread wasn't to get serious replies....it was more of a" yeah, I guess I can see how cute that is" or a "no, I can't really see it myself". Not posts that seem directed at me (not by yourself personally) or generally seeming like what is said is forbidden.

It seems hard to post something on here as there is always a strong view on an issue which makes you feel terrible. So I'm sorry if people got the wrong end of the stick but I also think people need to chill out a bit and take it how it's meant to be taken....it's fun things like the intention of this thread that seem to get turned up side down because people have strong views that need to be voiced strongly to show everyone that an image is wrong.....sorry for the rant but I'm pretty :censored: off now because I can't even enjoy my own thoughts on here without someone going off on one. Seriously thinking of just stopping posting or reading comments because it always happens, whether it's to me or someone else....

Last edited by a moderator:
That is fair enough...and my reply back to that would be that I wasn't thinking, considering or even contemplating that it was a good idea, or that it should happen...and my reason for posting a thread wasn't to get serious replies....it was more of a" yeah, I guess I can see how cute that is" or a "no, I can't really see it myself". Not posts that seem directed at me (not by yourself personally) or generally seeming like what is said is forbidden.

It seems hard to post something on here as there is always a strong view on an issue which makes you feel terrible. So I'm sorry if people got the wrong end of the stick but I also think people need to chill out a bit and take it how it's meant to be taken....it's fun things like the intention of this thread that seem to get turned up side down because people have strong views that need to be voiced strongly to show everyone that an image is wrong.....sorry for the rant but I'm pretty :censored: off now because I can't even enjoy my own thoughts on here without someone going off on one. Seriously thinking of just stopping posting or reading comments because it always happens, whether it's to me or someone else....

:thumb:
I wouldn't put them in collars ofc but in my minds eye Poppy would suit a red, Lola, maybe an orange, Donny with a purple and Leo a dark blue :)

Back