• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do rabbits sleep?!

honeywebb

Young Bun
Sounds like a silly question but when do they go night-nights?
My Skittle lives outside in the warmer months & often we can be out in the garden til really late..past midnight even and shes still hopping around in her cage!
My daughter has come home from clubbing at 4 or 5 in the morning & Skittle is still up!!
Does she ever sleep...i swear shes an insomniac!

To me they're like cats......during dusk/dawn and early/late hours....sometimes during the day...I knever know about the middle of the night but around 5 sounds normal to me.

Essentially though they're active around dusk/dawn...but they're not exactly nocturnal creatures :)

My cupcake sleeps in the day and benji sleeps when its starting to go dark.

They are both quite hyper around dawn :)

Middle of the day and the middle of the night, they are naturally more active at dawn and dusk :)

Prey animals tend not to divide their day and night into active and sleeping as we do. They tend to do 20 mins 'on' and 20 mins 'off'. This is so that their rountine does not become predictable to any would-be predators.

Rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk.

My 4 sleep most of the night from when the lights are turned out (usually between 11 and 12pm,) just waking up for nibbles of hay. They're very active from about 6am until about 12pm, with little power naps inbetween. Then they sleep deeply all afternoon, again just waking for nibbles of hay, until about 6pm.

I can set my watch by my lot!

Mine get very sleepy at around 9.30 am, until 1.00pmish, then they wake up a bit. They are most active when it starts to get dark.

I can't clean them out when they are sleepy, they arn't too happy with me :lol:

poppet had cuddles before i go to bed then she sleeps all night..
The other 3 indoor bunnies wouldnt know what sleep was if it kicked them up the bum....:shock:
:lol::lol::lol:

Mine are most active in the morning at around 6 or 7 to 9, sometimes 10 and also in the evening between 8 and 10-11. During this time they do, however, take little "naps" every once in a while. They usually only sleep properly during the day between 11 and 2.

Back