• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have any of the runaround system?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

She is almost buily but their is a problem with where I was going to put the run (next to the shed with acces via a catflap) the lawn is very slopy at that point and so to avoid diggyng out the ground and relaying flat before I pave it I was wondering about adding some of the runaround system so that I can just put the run on the flat but which is a couple of foot away from the shed base?

Im a bit dim when it comes to these things thought and I have been looking at this package~
http://runaround.flyingcart.com/index.php?p=detail&pid=70&cat_id=

Is that the right sort of thing i should be looking at? Does anyone know if the double door is lockable?

Is there any safe way of doing a DIY run around? (just trying to keep costs down a bit if poss) :)

Couldn't you get the cheaper one?

http://runaround.flyingcart.com/index.php?p=detail&pid=69&cat_id=

I'm sure there isn't the need to spend all that money. I've seen tubing like that on construction sites at uni so I'm sure you could buy it at a builders merchant. With regards to attaching it permanently to a hutch/wendyhouse/run I'm sure that you could do something inventive using garden wire and wood batons tho I don't think it would look quite as good :lol:

Id di look at that one but it doesnt have a door included so there would just be a gapping hole into the shed which would make it realy cold :? I did think about making my own but i would always worry that it wouldnt be completly safe...hopefully someone thats done it will come along soon :)

Yeah I'd worry that it wouldn't be safe too, I have been umm'ing and ahh'ing over the runaround system for a long time now :lol: trying to work out how I could attach it to their current setup etc. I am thinking of just getting a large aviary instead of adding another run as that would give them more room, and then I could just put a long tunnel in the aviary.

Back