• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

REW eyes - what does a white line down the middle mean??

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
I have a sweet little REW minilop who is deaf as well as partially sighted - she was the smallest of the litter before she became unwanted and I gave her a home. What does a white line down the centre of one eye mean??

I'd say it means get to a vet and get her checked out as soon as possible! One thought could be that it is an e.cuniculi related problem, which may also tie in with her deafness, as that is also a symptom of EC, but we can only guess. Best pop her along to a decent vet ASAP for a thorough examination - if it is EC, the earlier it is caught the better, as you may be able to prevent any damage becoming permanent. Good luck xx

I think it has always been there and she's been with me almost 18 months and never shown any signs of illness. She has 2 pals who look after her and she stays by their side for guidance sometimes but is always playful and happy and ventures out pottering on her own too as she knows where to scurry back to.

I think it has always been there and she's been with me almost 18 months and never shown any signs of illness. She has 2 pals who look after her and she stays by their side for guidance sometimes but is always playful and happy and ventures out pottering on her own too as she knows where to scurry back to.

It could be an EC related lesion and she probably contracted EC at birth. EC may account for her deafness too.

EC is not something I'm really well up on - so will be having a good read about it later - thanks - if anyone else has come across this please do join in. :wave:

The only time I have seen an actual white line through an eye is with a few of the lymington bunnies. Our vet said it was scarring from ulcers on the surface of the eye:?

Back