• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The 'post-spay' environment.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
What should it be :? ??

I have been through two neuters that were a breeze. Even Leo who is 4, I trust my vets so had no issue or worries anything would go wrong :)

Poppy is also 4, I wanted to get her spayed before she is 5 and the 16th is a good date seeing as we break up from work for 3 weeks then :) Plenty of time to keep a constant eye on her :)

I'm guessing she won't be able to have her box because of the jump? What about the litter tray? I can buy a kitten one from ASDA as I know they are very shallow. Should we use cut up newspaper as the litter base? She has wood based cat litter and hay now but I suppose that would agitate her?

She has a blanket and puppy pads in her crate anyway so I think I can just leave that as it is? And she would have to stay in her crate for 10 days? Or can I expand the space after a while? :thumb:

Sorry for all the questions lol :oops:

When my girls came home I kept them restircted to the top level of their hutch only and put a cat litter tray (which is very shallow) in their for them. In the litter tray I put megazorb and covered that over with newspaper so that the megazorb couldnt stick to the wound. Then i used a heavy metal dog bowl for hay becuase its normally everywhere but obviously i couldnt have it everywhere incase it stuck to the wounds :)

My girls came home at 24 and 48 hours post surgery so I dont have any advice for immidatly after the surgery. Hope all goes well and she is back to normal really soon :) Poppy is now 10 days post surgery and Daisy is 9 days post surgery and they are pretty much back to normal now! :thumb:

Just a clean and flat area. She should be able to hop around, just not jump. Use towels rather than normal litter because you want something that won't get in the wound.

Back