• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I sit here...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I sit here watching the world go by
People come and go and they all say goodbye
They all stroke my head say that im cute
but nobody will take me home in their car, not even in their boot

I've seen lots come and go
it's lonely you know
but it never is me
i sit here alone, Is there something wrong with me?

I sit in this hutch, not making a noise
i see lots more people, they are all girls and boys
but nobody wants me, i'm not what they want
my colour is wrong, my ears they are wonky

but don't worry all, i'm happy right here
cos this rabbit rescue look after me each year
i do wish i could have a home by christmas
but that won't happen, i'll just carry on wish'n.

I was a pet shop rabbit, all i did was stare
I'm just a bunny, nobody cares
they'll get bored with me soon and dump me out there

It's cold in the winter, i know this its true
Will you give me a home, oh please is it you?

No idea how that came to mind this morning, it's probably utter ****, but i'm sat in here in tears with Ginger, just thinking how so many bunnies won't be as lucky as she was.

Sorry for the noise.

Sad, but true. It is really scary how easy it is for people to buy a rabbit for the wrong reasons. :(

That was a beautiful, but sad poem, Graham!

And you're not alone - sometimes when I look at my two, my thoughts go to the two other poor buns left in the pet shop in the same appalling conditions as my little King was in... :(

That is a very sad but true poem.

Beautifully put though. :love:

We are all doing something to make their lives better. That's got to be good!!:thumb::thumb:

:( it breaks my heart when I think about all those poor unwanted bunnies :cry: there are lots of lovely rescues though who love the buns in their care, and give them strokes etc. The sanctuary where I helped out a while ago doesn't give a **** about the bunnies, I bet on Christmas day they'll just get their bowl of food and that's it :cry: I'm going to take them a christmas hamper, but I bet the staff on the bunny section don't even give it to them cos they hate me, for keep complaining about the way they do things! :( I just want to bring all the buns home :cry:

My heart breaks at the thought of all of the animals in rescues over christmas with out a family. But my heart possibly breaks more for those puppies/kittens/kits that are bought in the jest of christmas spirit soon to be cast out when the festivities are over :cry:

It breaks my heart to think of all the little lonely bunnies sat at the bottom of someone's garden in the cold all day on Christmas while everyone's too busy for them :cry: I know that to them Christmas is just another day but for some reason I think about them more at christmas.

Graham - that's lovely - but very sad...

I too feel so much for all the animals that are wanting some time, love and TLC - wish I could change the world :cry:

what a beautiful and sad poem....:(:love:
Please dont apolagise for sharing ....;) Dry those tears....Little Ginger only knows all the love you have given her....and wont understand your sadness...but your love for her ...she will!
It is so very sad there are so many without forever homes...:(

That was really moving! It reminded me of my Bella and how nobody wanted her because she is black and has crazy ears :( I'm so glad I decided to give her a forever home and I hope she's happy here with me and Boris :)

Back