• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Louie's refused his breakfast again, another U/D

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Third time in as many weeks.

No obvious pattern, hasn't eaten anything different. Same happened last week, he either stays upstairs when I come down in the morning or follows me down but just lies in the littertray. As soon as he isn't at the food bowl immediately, I know he isn't right again.

When it happened last week, after quite a few drinks of water and tummy rubs he again started eating. This was around 2 hours after he had first refused food.

I really don't know what's going on with him.

Will leave him for a few hours, see if he will eat, if not vets again.

Last edited:
Oh no :cry:

Has he poo'd overnight ?

Is he drinking enough each day ?

If he has a poor fluid intake his gut contents may be dehydrated, making his GI tract sluggish. Or he may be getting a calcium deposit build up in his bladder (bladder sludge) causing cytstitis.

The pattern of his not eating episodes could also fit with an impacted cecum.

I hope he feels better VERY soon xx

I don't know if he has poo'd overnight as I change his littertray in the evening so don't know if any of them are fresh or yesterday evenings.

The only time he ever drinks water is when he is off colour, the rest of the time he never touches it.

He's had 2 good drinks this morning, I took the water bowl over to him in the littertray, and I've also given him tummy massage. He has nibbled a bit of hay and looks a bit brighter but still doesn't want his breakfast.

I don't know if he has poo'd overnight as I change his littertray in the evening so don't know if any of them are fresh or yesterday evenings.

The only time he ever drinks water is when he is off colour, the rest of the time he never touches it.

He's had 2 good drinks this morning, I took the water bowl over to him in the littertray, and I've also given him tummy massage. He has nibbled a bit of hay and looks a bit brighter but still doesn't want his breakfast.

I would be thinking along the lines of a urinary tract issue rather than a GI tract one given his poor fluid intake and the fact that he appears to be passing normal feces :?
I really hope he feels better soon xx

more poops please louie and lots of eating xxx

teefs ok?

He's only had the normal teeth check when awake, don't know whether it maybe worth having him sedated for a better look?

Anyway, back to normal, eaten all his breakfast plus hay plus grass.

Very odd.

I would be thinking along the lines of a urinary tract issue rather than a GI tract one given his poor fluid intake and the fact that he appears to be passing normal feces :?
I really hope he feels better soon xx

Actually, his wee is very orange today, could that be urinary tract?

Actually, his wee is very orange today, could that be urinary tract?

Sorry, missed this yesterday

Yes, he may have cystitis. I would probably check this out with the Vet anyway, even if he is now eating again. If you could obtain a fresh wee sample to take to the Vet it'd be helpful :)

Thanks Jane.

He hasn't eaten his breakfast yet but is lively and hopping around so will *attempt* to obtain a sample and phone the vets.

Louie was off his food again yesterday, lots of tummy rubs and water and he recovered again. I really think it must be his veg so have decided to only let him have a few pellets, hay and grass and see how we go.

I am so sorry I missed this. Really hope all is well with Louie and you find out what has stopped him eating in the last few weeks. xxx

Back