• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noisy waterbottles/upturned water bowls?!

UrbanBunny

Warren Scout
I've been looking for a solution for literally months and I've finally cracked it so I thought I'd share...

I found this on Zooplus, it's a little expensive but the bunnies previously had a generic ball stop waterbottle but it made SUCH a racket and I don't think they could ever have a long drink from it. Water bowls were promptly turned over by Mr. Basil, no matter how heavy they were. He's one strong bunster.

They're already using it quite happily and it's nice for them to have a proper drink as I know they prefer bowls...sadly they just aren't practical!

Anyway this is what it looks like - it has a little reservoir to drink from sort of like the automatic horse waterers, and the link. I really hope it is helpful for someone.

52042_kerbl_kaninchentraenk_1.jpg

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/feeder_water_bottles/water_bottles/92958

I've been looking for a solution for literally months and I've finally cracked it so I thought I'd share...

I found this on Zooplus, it's a little expensive but the bunnies previously had a generic ball stop waterbottle but it made SUCH a racket and I don't think they could ever have a long drink from it. Water bowls were promptly turned over by Mr. Basil, no matter how heavy they were. He's one strong bunster.

They're already using it quite happily and it's nice for them to have a proper drink as I know they prefer bowls...sadly they just aren't practical!

Anyway this is what it looks like - it has a little reservoir to drink from sort of like the automatic horse waterers, and the link. I really hope it is helpful for someone.

52042_kerbl_kaninchentraenk_1.jpg

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/feeder_water_bottles/water_bottles/92958

:thumb: That is a fantastic solution. Although my bun was good about a water bowl, I've always worried the ball valve would get stuck in the usual bottles. With these you can see they're working at a glance! :thumb:

did u try a big dog water dish if so he must be strong
my amy loves to tip her pellets on the floor but that doenst matter anway :lol:

Thats fab, i might get one myself!

Buster doesnt tip his bowl but he is constantly landing in it and spilling it everywhere! I hate the bottles too as we have quite heavy water round here and it causes the bottles to get lime scale inside the ball bit! Good link!

Thats fab, i might get one myself!

Buster doesnt tip his bowl but he is constantly landing in it and spilling it everywhere! I hate the bottles too as we have quite heavy water round here and it causes the bottles to get lime scale inside the ball bit! Good link!

i have this problem too so maybe this bottle is the answer :D
my one getting water spilled everywhere

Back