• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit sheds..Terminology?

Disney

Alpha Buck
Hey, I've been looking through the housing section and I see a lot of praise for rabbit sheds.

Problem is, when you type sheds into gumtree or eBay, I don't get the types of sheds you in the UK have. Any ideas of what other search terms I can use?

Well NONE of those searches worked. :( I'm attempting to search chicken coops, which look a bit similar.

What's an appropriate price for a good quality 'shed?'

Do you have any websites that are like our b&q or homebase?
If you do you could go to the garden structures section, find the sheds and then look at the titles/descriptions to see what they're called?

Do you have any websites that are like our b&q or homebase?
If you do you could go to the garden structures section, find the sheds and then look at the titles/descriptions to see what they're called?

Are those shops like Bunnings or hardware stores?

Closest i can find is a Cedar Shed - but they are huge and damned expensive :shock:

It's almost like the USA don't have timber sheds and use prefabricated ones made of panelled aluminium/steel :?

Closest i can find is a Cedar Shed - but they are huge and damned expensive :shock:

It's almost like the USA don't have timber sheds and use prefabricated ones made of panelled aluminium/steel :?

I live in Australia. :)

GrahamL Thank you so much for the link! However the cheapest is six hundred dollars. :cry:

Have tried every suggestion on here. :(

Looks like I'm going to need to get my creative on!

I thought you were in the US, I was going to suggest going to local stores, like hardware stores. My local Lowes has some good ones. No idea about Australia though. I think sheds are usually expensive but it depends on what size you want. I want a aluminium/steel 10x14 shed and it'll cost about $600.

Other than for animals, I'm not sure why anyone would want a wooden shed. The wood would end up nasty too quickly, at least where i am it would. I like things you can wash and that won't rot, get fungus on it, or vines growing on it.

Looks like

shed = timber shed
playhouse = cubbie house
chicken house = chook house

You could also look at cat pens as I think having a pen/run for cats is more common over there and a lot would adapt well to rabbits.

I'd look second hand for a bargain.

A cheaper option might be aviary panels - you could make your own. Then just having a sleeping box inside.

Remember, you'll need insect protection for an outdoor enclosure.

Back