• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bisc nearly strangled himself with the curtain :(

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
they chew the bottom of the curtains but bisc had made a hole in the lining then tried to fit through it and got stuck, then kept trying to run forward and it was pulling on his neck. he was panicking so much. i was in the kitchen and heard o/h shout bisc and he sounded really panicked. :( i came in and bisc had it round his neck and was jumping and twisting in the air, all panicked. o/h managed to rip the material and then i went to comfort bisc. he went and lay down all sad eyed. :( he's ok now though, he's had some treats to help with the trauma and seems ok but we will keep a close eye on him. poor bun, he looked terrified.

OMG poor Bisc :shock: thank goodness you were both there. I'm so glad he's OK! This has sent a cold shiver down my spine! My two have eaten holes in the curtains where they sit on the back of the sofa, but there is a gap between sofa and curtain now Im panicking thinking if one of mine stuck their head through and fell.....:shock:

How scary! I'm so glad you were there to see it and I hope Bisc gets over the shock very quickly. x

How horrible!

It can be quite terrifying seeing them go through something like this. It was over 20 years ago but I'll never forget my gerbil nearly being strangled by the mechanism of a swivel chair he'd got stuck in.

I hope Bisc feels much better soon :)

How scary :shock: Sounds like what Izzy did once, one night I go in my room where Izzy free ranged and found most of his body stuck inside the jacket sleeve of a jacket :shock: I was afraid he had suffocated. I thought I'd have to cut it off him he was stuck so tightly but my parents and I managed to get him out after a couple of tense minutes.

happy to report that bisc is still fine and behaving normally. and i think liking the extra fuss! :lol:. i cut the lining off the bottom of the curtains that they can reach aswell.

Back