• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wall insulation and rabbits

rachylou

Warren Veteran
We are having our walls insulated next Friday and I am worried about the noise and how it may affect Jimby and Cookie, anyone had it done?

Any noise is going to affect a rabbit, especially ones with a history of being stressed out easily.

If you can, keep them somewhere with many hidey holes and fleeces/carpet to keep the noise as dulled down as possible.

I cant remember it being really loud, but it was a little noisey. I'd add a few more hidey holes and put the radio on in that room :wave:

We had ours done last winter and yes it was noisy inside the house/in the garden. The drill through the exterior wall of the house in loads of places to inject the sutff and they use a heavy duty type drill to do it. depending on the size of your house it wont last long. We have a 3 bed semi and the drilling lasted about half hour at most :) The noise of the filling isnt loud at all :)

Yes, it is very noisy. It really doesn't take long though - they don't hang about. :)

We had ours done in summer and mine were fine with it apart from when they had to cut into the wall to put in a vent. Our walls are concrete and it took a while and was very noisy. The lops didn't like it but were ok, the lionheads got very, very frightened by it so I took them down the road in the car for a while until they'd done.

They havent come in their room, I wouldnt allow it but they came in to my parents room next door and pumped loads of stuff in the wall so it would spread right through the wall. Surely they have to make in non toxic due to children and pets?

They havent come in their room, I wouldnt allow it but they came in to my parents room next door and pumped loads of stuff in the wall so it would spread right through the wall. Surely they have to make in non toxic due to children and pets?

No idea, you'd have to ask them that i'm afraid.

I doubt it'd be toxic to humans, but like you know, some flowers are toxic to rabbits but not other animals/humans.

Just keep them well away from everything thats going on and they'll be fine, im sure.

Hubby asked the man if it is toxic qnd the man said no not at all, all you cqn smell is pva glue which we use to seal the holes.

Back