• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:( Major stressing out!!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
My little girl is just not right :?

Her weight is fine (gone up actually) But her muscle is just disappearing :? She is getting very thin on top but still feeling her nice chunky self underneath!
With known dental problems she has had teeth checked and only slight spurs, Her eating is good, output is ok, drinking good and weeing is good! She is free roam of my bedroom and gets the hall in the afternoon! Shes not a very run-about-jumpy kind of bunny! She likes to go to her spot under the bed and lye down most of the time!

But her muscle is deteriorating and im not sure what the cause could be??
Ive got a vet appointment for a follow up of how she is but i would like to go back with some ideas of what could be going on as the vets arent really rabbit savvy! So i would like to throw ideas at them (they do like to listen and take everything on board) so we can find out whats going on!

She used to run riot all the time and was full of energy when she was younger but the older she is getting (now 4) the more she just sits about and is getting lazy :roll:

Could it be due to a lack of exercise causing muscle wastage? or EC possibly? Anything i can try at home to rule certain things out before i go to the vets?

I would like her to look slightly more overweight than underweight, much healthier looking!

Im stressing out and struggling to get through this :cry: If theres anything major wrong with Fudge i dont know what to do, shes my little ray of sunshine, the light at the end of this dark tunnel and i need her more than ever! Just want her healthy again.

Any suggestions very welcome, willing to try anything to rule it out! Vet app is in 3weeks for another check up of her weight and teeth so if i can try help her improve a little before then i will be happy.
:wave:

I'm sorry I don't have any ideas but I really wanted to say good luck at the vets. Personally if you are not happy that your vet has to say then I would DEFINITELY go for a second opinion.

Months ago I noticed my rabbit Darcy wasn't right. His hopping was wrong and he was finding it harder jumping in and out of his tray and he stopped jumping onto the sofa. I KNEW something was up. But my vet just kept saying no he seems fine. So I went to another vet surgery and asked them take x-rays of him. They did and it turned out he Spondylosis in his spine and his hip joints were the now the wrong shape due to osteo-arthritis. Meaning he was in pain! He is now on long term pain relief. But it does scare me that had I not insisted on a second opinion he could have been suffering so much longer than necessary.

I'm sorry Fudge is causing you such concern. I don't have enough experience to give advice, but hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along to help.

Is Fudge a mini-lop? 4 isn't really old for most rabbits.

Sending vibes. xxx

Back