• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smell Of Outdoors?

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Both my buns are indoor buns - Mr has always been indoors and has only ever been outside ONCE! Where we lived previously it just wasnt safe!

Wilma our rescue had previously lived outside and i hear stories of multiple escapes etc!!

Last night i got in from training (i play american football) and i went to sit with them both in their room still in all my kit (which if you have ever watched the NFL you will know i spend alot of my time on my bum in the dirt)

Well...Wilma went mad for me...jumping all over me, sniffing me like mad, binkying over me....she just went mad!!!

Do you think its because she missus that outdoor smell?

possibly...

the 3 i have now have always been outdoor bunnies but last feb i brought them all indoors to bond. as the winter was so bad it was nearly may before i put them all back out but when i did they all went crazy! i think they had missed it and the space they have out there. i think they really missed the 'outdoors'

yet one of my rainbow bunnies Eli i had as an indoor bun, he was so good he was rarely penned in and had the run of the house. he would go in the garden with the dogs but never stayed out long. when we moved i got him a lady friend and tried to move them outdoors together and he hated it.
i think he missed the noise and people being about all the time, we ended up moving him and Dorothy back in! :roll:

Back