• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Binky Day!

RosRWAF

Warren Scout
It's Binky Day!

Please share your photos of binkies, and share this to your Facebook wall or Google + stream, and any other way you can let people know online, so that everyone knows what a binky is, and how much rabbits love to run and jump.

Please try to use the word 'binky' today, and when someone asks you what it means, tell them how much rabbits love to run and jump, because a hutch is not enough.

200_large_x_bouncy.gif

Excellent idea and I really wish I could get a shot of my two mid binky, it's just so joyful watching them - really good for curing the winter blues - unfortunately what I've got is a lot of snaps of blank space or just blurs where I was just too slow to capture the moment.

But I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's.

I've got lots of lovely photos of empty spaces where binkying bunnies were just before the camera clicked....

hase195.gif

I wondered what the origins of the word "binky" were and found this:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/pet_bunny/message/7710
It looks like it was coined in the earliest days of online communities of rabbit owners, in the mid 90s.

There is a link in one of those posts to an old dictionary from those times.
http://bellsouthpwp2.net/a/l/albink/pbd.htm
There are some lovely words on there. I particularly like "Bunzedrine - Whatever it is that gives bunnies the energy to zoom around the room 800 times in a row, especially at small hours of the morning." Mine had a LOT of that last night.

I'll see if I can get a short video of mine binkying later :)

The only binky picture I've ever caught :lol:

005-17.jpg

I made Sebastian binky today by chasing him around the garden :lol: there was some massive binkies :shock:

Thanks, Vita

I had no idea the same thing was being discussed at PB...so have posted there too! First time in months.

Great (bunny) minds think alike

Back