• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a difference a year makes to rescued buns.....

Got up this morning to make tea....

Doodee snoring blissfully on the sofa as the sun made it through all the holes she has eaten in the curtains, her little legs and mouth on some wild bunny dream of eating more of my furniture. On twigging the lights are going on she stretches binkies and runs over and begs for something nice to be bought through for inspection.
Teasel is stiffly grooming Pumpkin through the bars of her vet bed lined cage and his dog crate. As soon as they hear the kettle Tizz rattles her jingle ball across her bars whilst pumpkin leaps into everything finally nose diving into the fridge door willing the nice veggies to come out and play. Tizz, the grand old lady that she is, holds out and turns her nose up at everything except what she fancies- usually what another bun has that she has not.
I have bite marks everywhere in the house, no wallpaper on the first two feet of my walls, holes in sofas, repaired wiring behind increasing amounts of heavy duty mesh and hay in strange places and I dare not leave anything lying around because one of them manages to get hold of it and chews.My home is now in a far worst state than my friend who has 11 rescued cats.
Not bad for two does who were deemed unhomeable and unpredicatable due to aggesive behavior and buck with sight problems who does not like outdoors.

Bliss.

[Tizz is almost 10 and has arthritis, she prefers to stay dozing in her vet bed lined cage where she can see the world go by and refuses to move until the house has warmed up and the chill is off the floor rugs]

They sound like theyve really made themselves at home...at your expense and their pleasure.
It sounds like a wonderful bunny home.You Marvellous Mummy!!xxxxxx

Back