• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our garden visitor

NickieM

Warren Veteran
We have a pheasant who has taken up home in our garden. He has discovered that there is lots of seed underneath the bird feeder and now visits every day for his breakfast, dinner and tea! He is absolutely beautiful and it is such a pleasure to be able to watch such handsome bird up fairly close - he's about 15' away from the window.

Pheasant by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

What a lovely shot! I can't get a decent photo of ours. We get 2 males and several females in our garden and like yours they're after the peanuts/seeds that are dropped. One waddled its way up to the rabbits' outside run last week, one of the bunnies hopped over to it and the pheasant was obviously scared and flew off in a hurry :lol:

What a lovely shot! I can't get a decent photo of ours. We get 2 males and several females in our garden and like yours they're after the peanuts/seeds that are dropped. One waddled its way up to the rabbits' outside run last week, one of the bunnies hopped over to it and the pheasant was obviously scared and flew off in a hurry :lol:

My son is the photographer. He is really patient and just waited. It also helped that it was up on the lawn which is directly in front of the kitchen window. :love:

My dad had a pheasant for a while too.... came every morning for breakfast and shouted on the fence to wake my Pa up! You have been warned! ;):lol::lol:

My dad had a pheasant for a while too.... came every morning for breakfast and shouted on the fence to wake my Pa up! You have been warned! ;):lol::lol:

:shock::shock::shock: Glad our bedroom is at the front of the house. However ............ son's isn't! Will leave Percy the Pheasant a note! 'Peck here!' :lol::lol::lol:

it really is lovely when it happens we had a female phesant in our garden other day surprising i live on a main road so i was really surprised by it. unfortunately some cats where looking at it in a hungry way so i had to chase it a bit to get it to fly. :( i didnt want the cats to kill it :(

Back