• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

I am going to be picking up a second bun for my Puck, in the hopes of bonding them.

The bun I am looking at is a young lionhead male, but I'm curious if this is a good idea?
Puck is bored, even with all the exercise he gets, I can tell because he's started chewing the cage bars of his home (at least that's my interpretation?)

So I've decided a friend would be best.

My only concern is male x male bonding pairs, how successful they normally are. I don't want to have this go horribly wrong.

Should I go this way, or should I wait a bit more until I find a female bun to bring in?

Thanks for all your advice!

:wave:
Male x male bonding are notoriously difficult. I would suggest waiting for a female bun, as male x female buns are much more compatible.
Usually if you were to have 2 males, they would need to be bonding from a very young age.
Of course a male and female bonding will also depend on the personailties of the buns.
There are some great stickies on bonding in this section from Sky-O who has a wealth of experience with bonding buns.
You will also need to ensure that your bun is neutered and which ever bun you decide to bond Puck with, that bun will also need to be neutered/spayed.

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Hmmm, well I don't want fighting buns in the house, so I think I'll wait until I find a female.

Thanks for the reference! I'll look at SkyO's posts!

I don't think it will be until the end of January that this all comes about, just so the holidays are over!

From experience I would personally wait for a female. Before I knew any better I got a male companion for my male and they fought!! One of my males dosnt even like having other males around and hes neutered!! I did have one case where two males got on but it was in a trio with a female so I dont know if that made any difference?

Back