• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
I have just convinced an incredibly stubborn (and clearly not rabbit savvy) veterinary nurse to let me see my vet tomorrow and talk to her about putting Boris on a longer course of antibiotics (preferably about a month). She spent a good 10 minutes trying to tell me that 10-14 days would be more than enough and kept hinting that I was an irresponsible rabbit owner to even consider "putting his health at risk like that" :? Excuse me? I'm trying to SAVE my rabbit's life here! Is that so hard to understand?? If I sat here and did nothing, that's when I'd be putting his health at risk, with his breathing problems slowly getting worse :cry: Made me so angry but I stood my ground and eventually, she gave up. I really hope my vet will be more supportive :(

My little girl who left for the Bridge on wednesday was often on abx for 2 weeks.......
I hope you get support from your vet......failing that, ask on here for bunny savvy vet suggestions in your area.xxx

I don't doubt that a 2 week course may help in certain cases, maybe even in this case, but I'd like him to have it for at least 3 weeks just to be sure. I want to at least try to get rid of this once and for all, even if my vet is losing faith in my little boy I am NOT, I don't want to give up on him until I've tried everything :( HE hasn't given up so why should I? I can't just sit here and pray for a miracle. It's not going to happen this time. I need to keep fighting for him.

Oh, and I'm not in the UK, unfortunately, so can't really ask for vet suggestions on here :(

Well done for standing your ground. No offence to Vet Nurses but really you do want to discuss this sort of thing with the Vet, it's the Vets call after all.

Exactly. I've spoken to vet nurses who were lovely and very understanding, but every once in a while I come across this one who is well....rude. To say the least (I don't want to get in trouble for using bad words on a rabbit forum so I'll leave it at that :lol:). She did a god job at clipping his nails last time we were there. But as a person...ugh. I don't like her at all. Never discussing anything like this with anyone else but the vet from now on.

:D I read that a while back when Boris was a healthy bun, and I remember thinking to myself "Would I really have the strength to that?". But since he fell ill, I've realised just how much he means to me and how important it is to keep fighting. He can't do it himself and as his mummy, it's my responsibility to stand up for him, ask questions and believe in him, even if no one else does. My gut feeling tells me we can get through this, so I'm not giving up :)

Back