• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dont know what to think about this ...

amysb86

Alpha Buck
this was on my facebooks local pets in need page

Can anyone offer a home to 2 beautiful female Mini Rex, they are 9 weeks old and sisters, they were hand reared so are very friendly and love attention! they must stay together.
I also have a 7 month old doe, shes a little timid, so would prefer her not going as a childs pet if possible.
Getting a little desperate now as the babies are outgrowing the cage they are in and i cannot afford to buy anything bigger for them
Just asking £5 to secure good homes!
Im in Queensferry

i find myself really wanting to help but not sure if i would just be helping a breeder?

opinions guy?

check out the womans fb page etc, see if u get a feeling about her, whether shes just breeding for money or if she happens to have accidently had a litter and wants lovely homes for them

I would go for it! They need nice homes. Think of where else they could end up

im trying to find a hutch suitble as have not got the room for anymore indoor buns, and what about the doe i cant take on all 3?? i took on 5 last time lol

If your looking for more buns then I would find out a bit more...ask her if they are part of an accidental litter and get a feel from what she says :) At the end of the day they need homes and I hate to think what might happen to them if she doesnt find homes for them :(

have looked at her facebook page and she is a proper animal lover she has 6 dogs 3 cats and a horse and an album containing over 300 pics of all of them, but none of the buns so have messaged her asking how come she has them why were they hand reared etc, maybe on behalf of a friend?

Heyy PLEASE DO IT haha i have her on facebook shes greats shes had to rehome all her rabbits due do bad circumstances she loves her rabbits they are so looked after she would never want them going to anyone bad, and there gorgeous babies ive saw all her litters over facebook she does a fantastic job with them

Heyy PLEASE DO IT haha i have her on facebook shes greats shes had to rehome all her rabbits due do bad circumstances she loves her rabbits they are so looked after she would never want them going to anyone bad, and there gorgeous babies ive saw all her litters over facebook she does a fantastic job with them

she's a breeder then? :?

take them on if you can afford to and have the space, sounds genuine and your probably there best chance of a good home

Nope not anymore she used to hobby breed but had to give everything up, all her rabbits to a circumstance i can't be saying on here really but there was a reason it would never have happened if it didnt she never had problems rehoming and she kept a lot of babies but yeah,, i saw a pic of the babies i think its an orange tort and a seal point

Me and my big gob :(

Need to stop posting i seriously say things i shouldnt

Last edited:
my OH has put his foot down and said i cant have any more pets :cry: he does have a point incase they all got sick at same time etc but i cant get there lil faces out of my head, anyone else in my area, would help with a bun run if someone could take them on x

If she is a breeder then she will have contacts through which to rehome her stock, just like she rehomes normally.

On the other hand, rescues are so full that they have huge waiting lists and are crumbling because they dont have financial support and rehoming has ground to a halt - they are desperately trying to rehome between 30,000 and 40,000 rabbits a year that are the result of breeders. It doesnt matter whether they are a good breeder, they are creating and adding to that number.

Dont feel bad, breeders sell stock, that is what they do, and so those bunnies will find homes before any of the orphans in rescue. She sounds reasonable so they arent in any danger.

Last edited:
Back