• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else getting blown away by the wind?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Got up at 9 to sort out the animals, had to stop every five minutes or so because the wind is just too strong. This could be a long morning :roll:

I was filling up the bunnies' water bottles with the watering can, and the water was being blown everywhere :shock: Not really looking forward to the big clean out later.

Its so scarey out there, stuff is flying everywhere!! :? Next doors fence just went down (not our side thankfully!!). Hubby is just making some space in our garden shed (metal one without doors...which is soon to be replaced with his new one!) and Im putting the hutch in there to give them some relief from the wind! Their weather cover is just getting blown about and not offering much protection at all! I have boxes infront of it which just keep getting moved by the wind :? Then hubby has requested next friday off so we can get their shed set up and Im going to move them straight into their shed. A hutch certainly isnt enough in this weather!! :( He is out laying the concrete base now.

My pair are both looking at me expecting to be let out to free range but its too windy for them. Things are blowing all over the garden and so I dont want them to get hurt.

Took the litter trays up the allotment about an hour ago. The allotment is blustery at the best of times. You can imagine how fun it is trying to empty litter trays in that :p

Took the litter trays up the allotment about an hour ago. The allotment is blustery at the best of times. You can imagine how fun it is trying to empty litter trays in that :p

^^ :lol::lol::lol::lol: I can just see you with it all over you!:lol::lol::lol:

Its windy here too...last night the run covers kept getting blown off and Ive also got all sorts holding it down...I really have to sort something out but all my idea;s are not what OH is keen on...mmm...also a cover for the front of the hutches so i dont get wet when cleaning them out...:roll:;)

It calmed down this afternoon, so the bunnies have all had a run round on the grass, and not too much of a problem cleaning them out.

It was very windy here in the night, woke me up several times. I must admit I was really glad that Ted and Rosie are house bunnies as I didn't fancy them (or me :lol:) being out in that weather.

Back