• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit article confirmed!!!! U/D Article on post 11

Liquorice

Mama Doe
I get to write a rabbit article to go in the Wigan newspaper (not sure which one) and there is going to be a picture of me holding Liquorice. I can't wait but does anyone know and imformation I can put about how to look after rabbits in my article and things like that as I have an idea and I woul love some ideas though :wave:

Last edited:
Wow that's wonderful! :)
You could write about the cheeky things Liquorice gets up to and how rabbits need lots of space to run around and be happy. And maybe follow it up with how they need a diet of 80% hay/grass and a bit of green veg and rabbit food.

:love::love:oh and deffinately need to show pictures of your set up and how you plan to get liquorice spayed so she can have a friend, and why.

Rabbits are not cheap pets contrary of popular belief.
They need a 6ft hutch and run minimum.
They need vaccinations and neutering.

Last edited:
Congratulations! :wave:

And also how it's better to get rabbits from rescues. Statistics on how many rabbits are in rescue in need of homes at any given time. :wave:

Did you know there are estimated to be over a million rabbits kept as pets in the UK, making them the third most popular pet after cats and dogs? There are many different breeds of rabbit and many vary in size and personality. Normally rabbits live for 8-12 years but some can live for longer. Liquorice (my rabbit) is only one year old and is a rex crossed with a silver fox. A silver fox is a rabbit that has a sandy coloured line between her tummy colour and body colour and a rex is known for it's beautiful, silky fur. Owning and caring for a rabbit is great fun and extremely rewarding but is a big responsibility and a long term commitment in terms of care and finances. If you own or are responsible for a rabbit, even if it’s just whilst someone’s away, you are required by law to look after him/her properly.

When adopting a rabbit you will need a long list of things including a 6ft hutch or if keeping indoors a big cage, a large run, time to get to know your bunny, space for your bunny to exercise and lots, lots more. Also guinea pigs should NOT live with rabbits as they both require different diets.

When buying a rabbit always remember that there are over 30,000 rabbits needing homes in rescue centres all over the UK.
If in doubt look at: www.rabbitrehome.org.uk

This is my article but It might get cut down by newspaper person but here it is :)

Is that better?

Last edited:
Did you know there are estimated to be over a million rabbits kept as pets in the UK, making them the third most popular pet after cats and dogs? There are many different breeds of rabbit and many vary in size and personality. Normally rabbits live for 8-12 years but some can live for longer. Liquorice (my rabbit) is only one year old and is a rex crossed with a silver fox. A silver fox is a rabbit that has a sandy coloured line between her tummy colour and body colour. Owning and caring for a rabbit is great fun and extremely rewarding but is a big responsibility and a long term commitment in terms of care and finances. If you own or are responsible for a rabbit, even if it’s just whilst someone’s away, you are required by law to look after him/her properly.

When buying a rabbit you will need a long list of things including a 6ft hutch or if keeping indoors a big cage, time to get to know your bunny, space for your bunny to exercise and lots, lots more. Also guinea pigs should NOT live with rabbits as they both require different diets.

When buying a rabbit always remember that there are over 30,000 rabbits needing homes in rescue centres all over the UK.
If in doubt look at: www.rabbitrehome.org.uk

This is my article but It might get cut down by newspaper person but here it is :)

That's really, really good. And it's so well written. :)

Good.

But you mention about what a silver fox is, but not a rex. If that was added it would make it better :wave:

It's really good but could you mention that they need company of their own kind? :) Also you put "when buying a rabbit" maybe change that to when "getting" or "adopting" to not promote buying. ;)

Back