• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foam Matts for rabbit floor?

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
What ones can you use? If any? The concrete floor is always cold and any hay gets damp in 12 hours from the cold/moisture in the air. Was thinking of lining the floor with foam matts? Like the ones you can buy for kids?

I used to use rubber stable matting for the short time Alfred was outside.

If you go to ebay and type that in you'll get plenty of options.

:wave: I use them and get mine from Costco (£10 a pack and 8 in a pack). B&Q sometimes have them and Aldi did have them earlier this year. Decalthlon also sell them I think for about £10 a pack (they delivery now too)

Mine are in the shed though and I have mine turned the other way round so it is softer on little paws than the textured part. To clean I spray them down with the purple buny disinfectant and then let dry.

I buy these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVA-KIDS-..._Baby_Baby_Safety_ET&var=&hash=item84b8299194

but I use them indoors. The textured surface makes them annoying to try and dry after I've mopped them.

I use these ones and they keep the damp underneath them. I did put a £10 Lino off cut over them to make it easier to clean. Before that though they worked fine though brushing off the mess, spraying with disinfectant and I have a towel I keep just for drying them.

Thanks for linkies and info, I too have been looking into getting some for the bunservatory. They have crates with newspaper and hay but the runs are on concrete. Great for summer but I worry for winter.

Are the mats safe if they nibble them? Obviously I can check when I'm home but not during day when I'm in work.

With the stable mats I used it was a single 6 x 4 so it was fractionally bigger than the run, so there wasn't really anyway it could be nibbled.

Got some :D Early learning centre....alphabet...x30 squares for £20! only about 1ft squared though.....but it's doing a brilliant job....covered with hay too and thats all dry!

Back