• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet cleaning solution?

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: What to vets use to ensure that everything is clean from previous animals.

We recently leant some metal dog panels and some plywood to someone who had an injured pigeon and I want to make sure that if I use them in the future they are safe around bunnies i.e. VHD free! so need to disinfect them or throw them if necessary.

:wave: Thank you, I will look into getting one of these and wash the items down thoroughly in case we need them in the future.

Can someone explain how to use Virkon?

Do you mix it into a spray bottle and it keeps? Or just one mix for one bucket use?`

:lol: I was about to ask the same as most seem to need mixing.

Looks like the F10 one comes as a ready mixed spray.

General day to day use I use the purple spray from pet shop.

Virkon: powder has to be dissolved. Doesn't keep long once mixed - you see it go from a bright pink to paler and paler. You can buy in sachets - although I buy a great big tub so I can make up just a small amount for my sprayer or half bucket to give everything a good wash down.

Back