• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Th Butcher Boys - Bad news for Monty p 84

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
These two arrived today after a call from a vets yesterday (Companion Care inside Pets at Home - which begs the question why not put them in the adoption centre - but glad they didn't because we know how awful that might have been) where someone handed them in. Story at first was that they were dumped in a bin, but it transpired that a bloke went into a butchers and asked if they sold rabbit, and when the answer came back as yes, he handed the box over. They were then passed to someone else who took them to the vets.

Unneutered boys, who are apparently bonded, although I suspect that it might only be for company while they go through the stress of their last few days. One has scabs on his back, which might be from fighting. One of them has an abscess on his face which the original vet felt might be from fighting. But I suspect tooth roots. Monty is also skin and bone despite being a 'big bunny'.

So, they are here now, despite being full to bursting, and I'm sure they'll do well given some time.

Meet Monty Nettlebed the tan lop and his chum Alfie Trousers.

Monty

Dayofarrival25Nov2011013.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011010.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011014.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011016.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011019.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011028.jpg

And Alfie

Dayofarrival25Nov2011002.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011003.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011011.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011025.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011001.jpg

Chums

Dayofarrival25Nov2011024.jpg

Dayofarrival25Nov2011004.jpg

Last edited:
:love::love:

They are lovely and so lucky to have a home with you.

I'm sorry you are so full at the moment and that rehoming is slow :cry:

Wow, some people don't deserve the air they breathe! :evil: Poor little buns. I hope they fully recover and find a lovely new home. I don't know whether you think it's suitable, but it might be worth telling the story to the local paper? It'd be publicity for the rescue which could result in some new prospective owners?

Wow, some people don't deserve the air they breathe! :evil: Poor little buns. I hope they fully recover and find a lovely new home. I don't know whether you think it's suitable, but it might be worth telling the story to the local paper? It'd be publicity for the rescue which could result in some new prospective owners?

Have always avoided doing this as we don't want to be well known by the public for fear of rabbits being dumped here, but I now think that newspaper stories might be a way forward as noone knows about the heartache that some bunnies go through; maybe now it's time to 'rock the boat' a bit.

They are both gorgeous. I do wish my lottery win would hurry up so I could afford to take on some of the wonderful rabbits here on RU. Monty looks like my BARC Bridge Bun Sue:love:

Those poor boys, what a trauma for them. The idea that a butcher would just take them for meat.:shock: I am glad they are safe but sorry it's even more work for you.

They are both so gorgeous! :love::love::love:

Poor Monty, his body looks so tiny compared to his head :cry: and his eye looks so sore. Hope they are soon fit and healthy like they should be.

The idea that a butcher would just take them for meat.:shock:
Yes, it's like something out of the Victorian era.
It's horrific that the man thought that way, but at least the bunnies have ended up safe because of all the modern safety & traceability regulations on meat and the trader's scruples.

your hutches are cleaner than my house:shock::shock:

keep looking at these gorgeous boys . . . so glad you could help them

Now I have seen them it has really made me cry. :cry::cry:

How could anyone be so effing heartless. I could really really hate some people.:cry::cry:

I admire you for taking on these rabbits.
It is so unfair to bunnies and rescuers alike, the way rabbits are treat and disposed of as if they were rubbish.

I dispair:cry:, I cant see an end to this.

What very lucky bunnies that have squeezed their way into yours.;)

Back