• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser - indoor play after 2 hutch days! photos post 23

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Due to a combination of awful weather and a particularly busy week for me he hasn't been out since Wednesday. :( By the time I've been free it is dark, and I think he is better off in the hutch than in the conservatory. I've got a new bed I would love him to see (there is a big gap he would just love) but it's quite cold out now, and although our house isn't overheated I think it's past the time of year when he could be in and out. :?

Last edited:
You will suffer the anger of Spenser if he's had 2 hutch days in a row :shock:

(Although TBH the dark, gloomy days and cold weather means the outside buns do sleep a lot more at this time of year, so don't stress yourself out! It's not often he has 2 hutch days in a row)

Poor Spenser, will he ever forgive you?

Such wickedness could only be forgiven with copious amounts of fenugreek crunchies!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

Estell would be more than happy to come and help him eat them.:roll:

Last edited:
Could you get a large folding run to put him in during the day, with a hideyhole in case it rains?

Or I know you cant have a run attached in front, but what about to the side, with access via a runaround hole or cat flap?

You will suffer the anger of Spenser if he's had 2 hutch days in a row :shock:

(Although TBH the dark, gloomy days and cold weather means the outside buns do sleep a lot more at this time of year, so don't stress yourself out! It's not often he has 2 hutch days in a row)

This. Poppy's outside activity has decreased quite drastically 'of her own choice' these last few 'cooler' days. It's not ideal BUT it is only temporary for Spenser and he otherwise has a very loved, very good life so don't stress. 2 days confined could happen anytime... if he was in boarding, bonding, post-op etc.

Could he not live in your bedroom over the winter?

I've got a 4x2x2 crate in my room, and the wires are now sunk into the wall and plastered over. I do think he likes his hutch though, plus he probably has a winter coat grown. Plus his poos are a bit whiffy. :mrgreen: The exercise situation does worry me though.

How about supervised time even if it is dark... is your garden safe and does he come back in when you ask him/herd him? Could you get a floodlight for the garden? We have a floodlight we can switch on and Poppy is always out supervised when it is dark. It's not something I would advocate unless you have a safe and secure garden and can be out with him and there is no other option for exercise.

How about supervised time even if it is dark... is your garden safe and does he come back in when you ask him/herd him? Could you get a floodlight for the garden? We have a floodlight we can switch on and Poppy is always out supervised when it is dark. It's not something I would advocate unless you have a safe and secure garden and can be out with him and there is no other option for exercise.

We've got a light, but the garden is far from suitable - too big, goes round corners, and full of 37 year's worht of possibly dubious vegetation. As to coming back when I ask him, Spenser doesn't know his name and couldn't even be relied upon to come for food. The fact he is large and white is a plus though.

We've got a light, but the garden is far from suitable - too big, goes round corners, and full of 37 year's worht of possibly dubious vegetation. As to coming back when I ask him, Spenser doesn't know his name and couldn't even be relied upon to come for food. The fact he is large and white is a plus though.

:lol: Nino was SO easy to spot in the dark - stuck out like a sore thumb. Poppy however is like a stealth bunny.... she literally melts into the shadows and we very often have to shine a torch around to see her! :roll:

Poor Spencer.

Mine went on the lawn for a bit today as the weather this morning was lovely but both seemed keen to go in to be honest.

Molly the GP had a nice time in her run on the patio, sitting on fleeces in the sun, she ate her breakfast, found she really likes Basil and devoured a whole tray of Wheat Grass while I cleaned her hutch and did the buns litter trays - at least someone appreciated my efforts.

It's difficult in the winter for outside buns isn't it.

Do you go to work very early before it gets light? :wave:

No, I don't, so that is a possibility. Spenser usually settles to his morning doze immediately after breakfast, but this could be a possibility. I mainly work from home (except Tuesdays and Fridays), but have just been particularly busy recently.

Could you not move his hutch to another part of the garden and attach a large run to it?

If this isn't possible, I would bring him inside for the winter and let him freerange your bedroom :D

A and E have a 5x7 kennel but no run and they usually have free range time at night for a few hours. The last couple of days they havent wanted to go out because of the weather and have ended up staying :roll: So I really wouldnt worry too much

Spenser is in the conservatory today. :D He was beside himself, bobbing about all over the place. The weather is AWFUL again. He will be for at least 3 hours and may do a photoshoot. :love:

Spenser is in the conservatory today. :D He was beside himself, bobbing about all over the place. The weather is AWFUL again. He will be for at least 3 hours and may do a photoshoot. :love:

Ooh you must be really tempted to keep him in :D

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

A photoshoot please Sir Spenser. Pwetty pweez........................:love::love::love:

I think you mean WILL do a photoshoot ;) :lol:

Well..... come on then, we're waiting! :shock:

:lol:

Back