• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

need advice please baytril

lucywalden

Young Bun
a couple of weeks ago my bunny had a wet nose and respiratory infection she came of her baytril on the 22nd of this month and she was fine no more wheezing but just now she is wheezing when i took her back for a check up the vet said if she was ill again and to put her back on baytril should i go back to 0.3 units twice a day.

the vet did say if she did go down with another infection to put her back on it for 10 days and then go back to the vets if not any better should i stick to 0.3 units

a couple of weeks ago my bunny had a wet nose and respiratory infection she came of her baytril on the 22nd of this month and she was fine no more wheezing but just now she is wheezing when i took her back for a check up the vet said if she was ill again and to put her back on baytril should i go back to 0.3 units twice a day.

the vet did say if she did go down with another infection to put her back on it for 10 days and then go back to the vets if not any better should i stick to 0.3 units

Has the Vet examined her again since the 22nd ?

Giving another course of the same antibiotic may not be the best idea as antibiotic resistance could become an issue. We cannot advise you re dose rates as Baytril is a Prescription only medication, only the Vet treating your Rabbit can give you dosing advice.

yes she was seen on the 22nd as a check up as she was in 10 days earlier for the infection and the vet said she was fine no problems all she said to me was as we are generous with baytril if your rabbit starts wheezing again put her back on baytril for 10 days and if not any better come back and see us

Back