• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boobies?

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Well.. the poofy chest bit :lol:

Poppy has a big one :lol: I call it her bunny boobies. She's on a diet (It's hard to judge with her because she doesn't eat hay so I need to watch what I feed her, which is a little less at the moment and she isn't happy ;) haha :D She isn't fat but had some nasty poops a few days ago which have stopped now :) Is it a fat thing? :lol:

What is is though? Is it an age thing? She is 4 now :) 5 in May :)

My bf asked what it is and I just said her bunny boobies like I usually do but he wants to know the real name and why she has one and Lola doesn't but I have no idea :? :lol:

Is it maybe a dewlap? Dillon is a boy so I don't have an idea lol although I think bunny boobies is quite a good way of describing it haha :lol:

Well.. the poofy chest bit :lol:

Poppy has a big one :lol: I call it her bunny boobies. She's on a diet (It's hard to judge with her because she doesn't eat hay so I need to watch what I feed her, which is a little less at the moment and she isn't happy ;) haha :D She isn't fat but had some nasty poops a few days ago which have stopped now :) Is it a fat thing? :lol:

What is is though? Is it an age thing? She is 4 now :) 5 in May :)

My bf asked what it is and I just said her bunny boobies like I usually do but he wants to know the real name and why she has one and Lola doesn't but I have no idea :? :lol:

Aww, Baby's is quite petite :lol: They must be quite useful as a chin rest but unfortunately overweight rabbits with large dewlaps can come across quite a lot of problems. But no it's not JUST overweight rabbits that get dewlaps. I'd worry if a male rabbit had one though :lol: I think if a rabbit is spayed young it can affect the growth of the dewlap but I'm not entirely sure

Is it maybe a dewlap? Dillon is a boy so I don't have an idea lol although I think bunny boobies is quite a good way of describing it haha :lol:

:lol: Poppy is the only one who has one :) Looks like she uses it as a pillow when she lies down and snuggles into it but pushes it to one side when she cleans herself :lol:

it sounds like her dewlap - the large bulge of fur under her chin. Be careful it doesnt get too big tho or she will have trouble cleaning her bum and it could get mucky.

Aww, Baby's is quite petite :lol: They must be quite useful as a chin rest but unfortunately overweight rabbits with large dewlaps can come across quite a lot of problems. But no it's not JUST overweight rabbits that get dewlaps. I'd worry if a male rabbit had one though :lol: I think if a rabbit is spayed young it can affect the growth of the dewlap but I'm not entirely sure

She isn't spayed yet :( getting her done before she is 5 though, more than likely in January. We fed her a lot after her dental because of the syringing and she was a bag of bones, and when she re-discovered food after that she ate a lot, and her diet is a pellet only one so that's probably why it's so much bigger :lol: She's snuggled into it now :D

My Poppy has a massive dewlap so when she lays down it looks like a cushion for her. My boyfriend said the other day 'If Poppy was a human she would be Katie Price with a dewlap that size'. :lol:.

it sounds like her dewlap - the large bulge of fur under her chin. Be careful it doesnt get too big tho or she will have trouble cleaning her bum and it could get mucky.

Yeah, we have to lessen her food every now and then, or if she can't then we clean it for her although she usually pushes it to one side and shoves her head down there :lol:

My Poppy has a massive dewlap so when she lays down it looks like a cushion for her. My boyfriend said the other day 'If Poppy was a human she would be Katie Price with a dewlap that size'. :lol:.

:lol: Mine said something along those lines. He told me we should re-name her Jordan :roll: :lol:

out of my female bunnies thumper therescue french lop unneautered had a dewlap, rosie was speyed at year old, but as she was petite never had one
and mabel was speyed at young age, and soo far hasn;t got one

out of my female bunnies thumper therescue french lop unneautered had a dewlap, rosie was speyed at year old, but as she was petite never had one
and mabel was speyed at young age, and soo far hasn;t got one

So is it due to being unspayed, ie. a hormonal thing? Or is it a tubby bunny thing? None of my girls have had them.

think it can be anything thumper wasn;t overweight but i think it came with her breed being french lop, maybe abit of being unspeyed to and before
we rescued her we think she was used as a breeding rabbit by carnival people

think it can be anything thumper wasn;t overweight but i think it came with her breed being french lop, maybe abit of being unspeyed to and before
we rescued her we think she was used as a breeding rabbit by carnival people

I always wondered if it occured in does that had been bred, maybe as a means of keeping their young warm or something :?

I always wondered if it occured in does that had been bred, maybe as a means of keeping their young warm or something :?

Bella has a mahoosive dewlap. She hasn't been spayed (for medical reasons) and was previously a breeding doe :roll:, but she's the perfect weight according to the vets so I imagine it is a hormonal thing :)

Dewlaps, and bigger dewlaps are more common in unspayed does :wave: not sure of why apart from a nice fat reserve, but they also do pluck the fur from here to make their nest.

It is also more common in does than bucks, and more common in overweight rabbits, but it isnt limited to these groups, anybun can get one. My Barney has a sort of skin flap left over from where he had his small dewlap when I got him and then it grew because I overfed him :oops: and then went down when I found RU and realised I was feeding 4 times too many pellets.

I imagine its just because she's a bit chubby, will she eat ANYTHING other than pellets, like forage or veg? Because I'd be worried about her gut getting empty or slowing down if she's just having a small amount of pellets. Could you perhaps try her on a high fibre, low protein pellet.. I think A&P is one isnt it? Then she could have more.... or theres the new SS weight management one?

Back