• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dropped a snugglesafe!

Not necessarily. It's a phase change gel/liquid. I'd try warming it gently in the microwave and see what happens :wave: I'm sure i've dropped mine from time to time.

Thanks, just hoping it heats ok as I need both for the girls to snuggle with (post spay) have had them in all day and keep reheating them. Could do with two more really! :)

Hope u dont mind me hi-jacking your thread....but does anyone know if Snugglesafes can 'go off'?
I bought one years ago (god knows how many years) but hasnt been used for about 2years...will it be ok to use?
I hope so as Ive just ordered a cover for it!

Thanks, just hoping it heats ok as I need both for the girls to snuggle with (post spay) have had them in all day and keep reheating them. Could do with two more really! :)

You haven't been reheating before it is FULLY cooled have you? Crucial mistake with snugglesafes ;)

No they have one each so I have been doing one and then the other and swapping them out that way :) But i really do need a couple more...infact im off to order them now! :wave:

Im going to heat the rattly one and see what happens!! :?

Hope u dont mind me hi-jacking your thread....but does anyone know if Snugglesafes can 'go off'?
I bought one years ago (god knows how many years) but hasnt been used for about 2years...will it be ok to use?
I hope so as Ive just ordered a cover for it!

Iv absolutly no idea...just read the sintructions and it doesnt say anything about that :? try and heat it and see! :)

being nosy and butting in here, but why shouldnt you do that?

Because the instructions tell you not to! :no: ;)

Because it is a phase change chemical - if you heat it again before it goes back to its other 'phase' then it will lose its ability to work as it should. It's like an elastic band (sort of) stretch it, it goes back, stretch it whilst already stretched...SNAP! :wave:

You need a chemist to explain it properly but phase change liquids/gels have two states that they move between.

Back