• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can i possibly do to solve this problem - Help

Deevee

Young Bun
Lately my lionhead Fuchsia has been getting wet fur on one side of her mouth, and it is staying wet, so I took her straight to the vets for a check up as I thought it may be a dental problem but its not as she isn't actually drooling like they do and she is fine in herself. It is when she takes a drink from her bowl that she dunks her fur in and as the weather is getting colder its staying wet - which is a huge problem as the colder it gets the more it will irritate her skin. I have reduced the amount of water in the bowl and put a water bottle in the pen, but she just won't take from the bottle. She loves her bowl too much.
How can I stop my lionhead dunking her fur into the water bowl?
Do I look at trimming her hair (don't really want to do that) I just can't think what to do.
I have attached a pic so it will hopefully hep with suggestions.
IMG_1706.jpg

She is gorgeous, and such an unusual colour. :love:

I would trim her fur just where needed. It will grow back for the summer when the temp is warmer and evaparation rates faster. :wave:

Thank you for confirming this for me. I think it is the only option here. I just hope I don't ruin her lovely looks!

I had the same problem with an elderly bunny I used to have.

I bought Barnaby the metal bowls that dogs use. I mean the sort that rest in metal supports and their height can be adjusted accordingly.

I can't think of the correct name but I hope you get the idea. Barnaby had a very saggy chin as he was at least 11 years old. This system worked well for him.

Best of luck.:thumb:

is this fuscia and trifle from romford? such a lovely pair :love: and saw the pics of their new home it looks AMAZING!! If so have you asked caroline as i am sure she would have some ideas? Sorry i have no other advice x

Back