• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more pics of george: UPDATE 26.11.11 :0(

shell1805

Mama Doe
only 2 more sleeps till i go get my little guy :D

george2x.jpg

george4x.jpg

george3x.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :love: :love: :love:

xxx

Last edited:
some people make me :censored:

i added the lady who i was getting george from on FB and she said i was free to have a look at her photo's of him. what did i find?? numerous albums with numerous animals she has had for a few months and then rehomed. quite a few puppy's :(

now i know i dont know her situation, i am not judging at all but if there is the slightest chnace that these animals are being bought.... getting boring to her.... and then she is selling them on.... i cant be a part of that :cry:

so i decided not to go and get george today, i have all the things i had bought him ready in a bag to take back to P@H :(

part of me was 'but then you know he is being well cared for if you get him'.... but i will only being freeing up a space for another animal that 'probably' will be rehomed months later. she has only had george since august :(

did i do the right thing???

:cry:

You not getting him isnt going to stop her from getting rid of him, someone will take him on.

Id have still go him, but its your choice and do what you think is right for you.

Aw no, some people :( I think that was very brave of you, well done. I am so sorry you couldn't get him though, I can imagine how disappointed you must've been but I don't think you did the wrong thing at all. Yes maybe this lady will get more pets after George but you will not be a part of it which just shows how much you care about all the other animals, not just the one you was going to take on. Boris sends a snuggle to his auntie shell xxx

Aww, :( I don't know if what you did was for the best, only you can decide that :(

If it were me i would have still taken him. People like that will always find other people to off load on so it wont stop her. Also he might end up with someone that will not give him the proper care. Hedgehogs rarely come up in rescues so if its a hedgehog you want and you dont want one from a breeder then its likely who ever you get one from will be doing the same thing. Its good that your standing by what you believe in though so if you have doubts and think that getting him is wrong then dont be persuaded by what we think.

see with a breeder you know they are breeding and there will be others after the one you buy. in a weird way i can accept that. 'exactly what it says on the tin' and all that. what i cant be a part of is a chain of animals being bought, them expecting it to be their forever home, only to be passed on a few months later. that doesnt sit right with me. genuine reasons, fine thats life but i cant believe every time she has bought an animal a genuine reason has meant she had to rehome all of them :(

i dont know, maybe i have got it all wrong but when i asked about the other animals the simple reply was 'oh... dont have them no more' :?

my head is all over the place if im honest. i was so excited, i had that christmas eve feeling when everything feels magical as you know something really great is coming. then for it to turn sour like this.... im disappointed :cry:

xxx

see with a breeder you know they are breeding and there will be others after the one you buy. in a weird way i can accept that. 'exactly what it says on the tin' and all that. what i cant be a part of is a chain of animals being bought, them expecting it to be their forever home, only to be passed on a few months later. that doesnt sit right with me. genuine reasons, fine thats life but i cant believe every time she has bought an animal a genuine reason has meant she had to rehome all of them :(

i dont know, maybe i have got it all wrong but when i asked about the other animals the simple reply was 'oh... dont have them no more' :?

my head is all over the place if im honest. i was so excited, i had that christmas eve feeling when everything feels magical as you know something really great is coming. then for it to turn sour like this.... im disappointed :cry:

xxx

Hugs hun :( xxxxx I've felt the same in a similar situation. I don't think you've got it wrong at all, I think you were very brave and you aren't involved in any more pets getting rehomed by this lady.

Hugs hun :( xxxxx I've felt the same in a similar situation. I don't think you've got it wrong at all, I think you were very brave and you aren't involved in any more pets getting rehomed by this lady.

:( its hard because m hearts says 'get him' i know i can offer him a fantastic home but my head is saying 'back away' i know it would kill me if i thought i had contributed to animals being rehomed 'here there and everywhere' :(

well ive done this now, gotta let it go. just makes me sad :(

The lady isnt going to just turn round and change her mind about rehoming him because you have said no, so by not taking part, you are still taking part, if that makes sense.

Let hope he gets knowledgable new forever home owners next time round.

The lady isnt going to just turn round and change her mind about rehoming him because you have said no, so by not taking part, you are still taking part, if that makes sense.

Let hope he gets knowledgable new forever home owners next time round.

:( i know, this is the part i am wrestling with. wish i had never seen his ad and never got involved :(

Was she asking for money for him?

If so, I think you've done the right thing because she's probably making a profit from passing these animals around and that's not something I think you would want to support.
If not, then go and get him. I don't normally say this because people have a collaborative effect on pet shops etc but she's one woman, and you not getting him isn't going to make one bit of difference to her or what she's doing because one way or another she would offload that animal and move on to the next one.

:( i know, this is the part i am wrestling with. wish i had never seen his ad and never got involved :(

By backing away though you're making sure you're not one of the people that take her animals when she gets bored of them, yes they are likely to be more but you're not taking him when you know better xxxxxx

ETA: I have been assuming she was asking for money, agree with Battlekat

Back