• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I dont know what to do.

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
Beilidh is an single bunny, he has free range of my bedroom and the spare room, and the living room when someone's there. He loves human company: hugs, nose rubs, snuggling into peoples knees, licking people :love: He isn't happy when we leave him alone, which is fine because there really is no time where he can't be near someone. The longest time he's spends alone is probably around 2 hours every few days now that we've gave him free-range of half the house.

Here's the dilemma. I'm not allowed 2 indoor bunnies, therefore if Beilidh wants company he has to move outside. So what do I do? He's soooo happy living inside with me, and I love his company. I love him to pieces, he's my world :love: and I want him to be happy. I don't know where he'd be happiest though. :?

What do I doooooo? Help me RU!!

You love his company he probably prefers company of another bun just like he would if he was wild.
Even if it means moving outside he's probably be okay with it, that is where wild buns live.

Why arent you allowed two indoors? Its just like having one :?

To be honest, I'm sure he'd choose a friend over living indoors if he had to make the decision. Dont forget he is alone for at least 8 hours whilst you sleep. But dont forget that if youre going to have a single bunny its best to have them indoors. Why dont you wait till April and then maybe get him a friend and move him outdoors?

Why arent you allowed two indoors? Its just like having one :?

To be honest, I'm sure he'd choose a friend over living indoors if he had to make the decision. Dont forget he is alone for at least 8 hours whilst you sleep. But dont forget that if youre going to have a single bunny its best to have them indoors. Why dont you wait till April and then maybe get him a friend and move him outdoors?

no its not. two bunnies = double the mess. And there's no guarantee that I'll get a bunny as house trained as Beilidh, or that I wont end up with a bunny who pees on my bed while I'm sleeping. I'd have to have another bunny exactly like Beilidh to have 2 living inside. I could never have had any of my previous bunnies inside, so its very dependant on personality. And obviously I don't choose the personality, Beilidh does.

Anyway, my gran's said I can't have 2 bunnies inside. I'm not gonna argue with her, i'm lucky she lets me and Beilidh stay never mind asking for more

You love his company he probably prefers company of another bun just like he would if he was wild.
Even if it means moving outside he's probably be okay with it, that is where wild buns live.

When he was outside he was miserable though.

Should i just wait till spring, bond him with a girly bun, put him outside and hope for the best? But I worry that he gets miserable again and they cant be brought in :?

Last edited:
He was probably miserable because he was alone outside, if he gets a partner he won't mind I think.

no its not. two bunnies = double the mess. And there's no guarantee that I'll get a bunny as house trained as Beilidh, or that I wont end up with a bunny who pees on my bed while I'm sleeping. I'd have to have another bunny exactly like Beilidh to have 2 living inside. I could never have had any of my previous bunnies inside, so its very dependant on personality. And obviously I don't choose the personality, Beilidh does.

Anyway, my gran's said I can't have 2 bunnies inside. I'm not gonna argue with her, i'm lucky she lets me and Beilidh stay never mind asking for more

Alright calm down, I'm not one to argue with a Grandma :lol: Personally I havent found its any more mess as its the same litter tray etc but its true you dont know how good they will be indoors, you can always choose a non chewer or a bunny thats lived in the house previously but things do change.

I think you've answered your own question tbh, you want him indoors but you know he'd be happier with a friend.

But you have 4-5 months to figure this out, and enjoy him living inside :)

edit: just saw he didnt like living outside? How come?

Ive found that since I got Roland bonded to Mrs Bun,they dont want ME!!! Except if Ive got food!!

Cuddles from Mrs were great...and I dont get them any longer.Shes changed now she has bunny company.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

My bunny Bumble still loves me and treats me exactly the same now she's got Bee as before. She still can't get enough attention from me and grooms me
Bee on the other hand is proving hard to gain his trust

Ruthie xxx

Mango is a single bun and is happy and content. He lives inside with me. If your bun is happy and content (obviously is) and doesn't like living outside AND your gran doesn't want you to have 2 buns inside... then it seems pretty clear to me.

Back