• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

has this ever happened to anyones buns who have been grieving ... ??

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
i put Rosies little body back on for everyone to say goodbye :cry: .. I went back up and they were burying her in the hay :cry:, I have never seen anything like it in my life it was so sad ..they where all there all 9 of them gathered round her little body covering it in hay :cry:

It's just awful isn't it :(

It is something I've seen before, the thought seems to be that a dead bunny is a risk to the warren, because it provides a signpost to predators, so the bunny instinct is to try and bury the body so that it's not visible to any predators.

Hopefully it means that the other bunnies have said their goodbyes and recognise that she is gone, though. xxx

Oh bless, it's heart breaking.
When we put Orlando with Lilly so she could say goodbye she groomed his face until it was sore and started to bleed, I covered his face to stop her but she just kept on pulling the blanket off and groomed him more.:cry:

Oh Gosh, how heart breaking.

When Emily was pts, we brought her home so Muffin could say goodbye to her too. He just groomed her a litte and then didnt go near her again.

Im so so sorry for your loss.

Back