• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How would I know if he had bloat?? Think I might be being obsessive

jackandsally

Warren Scout
Didn't want to post this in health as I think I might be being a bit daft. How would I know if my rabbit had bloat? I've searched so many threads about this and I think I'm worrying myself perhaps totally un-necessarily.

Dillon is eating and drinking like a horse still begging at the fridge and when you go in the cupboards. He's weeing and pooing the same as well. He does seem a bit fatter at the minute and looks like a little pudding, but he's a mini lop and has always had a ball like look about him. I think I'm just being totally paranoid obsessing about this and I've been spending more time in the house with being off work so I've been with him everyday so I think I might be looking too much into this. But what would I look out for if it was bloat?? Would it be obvious?? What should his stomach feel like and how can I check this? My boyfriend is coming in soon so he's going to have a look at him, as I say I've been in all day and I think I might be imagining it. If he thinks he looks bloated we will go straight to the vets. Feel a bit daft :oops:

if its bloat he wont be eating, drinking or pooing believe me. He'd look like a beach ball. Mae looked like someone had pumped her full of air :shock: (omg the farts were gross :lol: )

He does look like a little ball, but he's always looked a bit like a ball as he has a smallish head. Kind of tortoise like lol as I say he's eating everything and pooping and his stomach isn't making any noises at all, just when he's flopped it protrudes a little bit but now I'm second guessing myself thinking that it was never like that. I've never worried as much since we got him :oops:

It will be a whole other kind of round if it is bloat. The skin is tight, you cant pull any skin up, you can feel all of their bonesbecause the skin is tight. I'll see if I can find a picture to show you

Thanks Jane I'd read that article when I googled it think I might be worrying un-necessarily he doesn't seem any different in any other respect.

He doesn't look anywhere near as big as that he's lying flopped and he has got a little tum but I think he's always been this shape. Might just sit and have my tea and watch tv and keep an eye on him. Thanks Georgeypudding you've made me feel a lot better :wave:

Back