• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet The New Foster Bun Peter!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
He arrived yesterday evening. He's such a little cutie! :love: He has very overgrown claws and a weepy eye, and is a bit skinny. Poor boy had no idea what hay is! :(

He unneutered and unvaccinated. About 9 months old. The lady that brought him said he's had treatment for an eye problem, but that was ages ago. Err, no, it's obviously still a problem!

He's sooo friendly though! He loves nose rubs and strokes! :love:

He arrived with two massive bags of sawdust. Is sawdust OK for any animals? I'm not sure what to do with it all! Seems a waste to bin it!

Here he is in the cage he's been living in. (Minus the hay!)

Peter1b.jpg

His weepy eye...

Peter14b.jpg

Adorable little face!

Peter15b.jpg

Looking a bit skinny...

Peter17b.jpg

Nomming the food he came with...

Peter22b.jpg

Peter24b.jpg

Peter25b.jpg

Peter27b.jpg

Peter28b.jpg

Peter30b.jpg

Having a wash...

Peter34b.jpg

And then my camera battery died.

He's so adorable! I love him already! :love: Hopefully his eye problem can be treated and he'll be up for adoption once he's neutered and vaccinated.

I just have to teach him that hay is for eating! I've never had to do that before! Any tips?! :wave:

He's gorgeous :love:

I hope that is just a weepy eye and not tooth roots, his head looks quite small :(

He's gorgeous :love:

I hope that is just a weepy eye and not tooth roots, his head looks quite small :(

Yes, that's my biggest fear for him. :( The fact that he's never seen hay before is not a good sign!

He has been treated with eye drops in the past though. That gives me some hope! I don't know if they had any effect. The lady that brought him over wasn't his owner, she didn't know all the details.

Aww he is gorgeous!! :love:

My poppy has a smaller head than Daisy and her teeth are misaligned but thats all we know so far...hope his problems arnt too great, lovely boy!

Awwww he's a little cutie :love: It's possible that eye will clear up with some abx and a change away from the sawdust. Fingers crossed for a fab new home very soon for the lovely chap :)

Awwww he's a little cutie :love: It's possible that eye will clear up with some abx and a change away from the sawdust. Fingers crossed for a fab new home very soon for the lovely chap :)

Oh yes! I hope it's just the sawdust! :)

What a cutie. :love::love::love: Bet you won't ever want to give him up.;)

Don't tempt me! :lol:

I was fitting the shelf in the new shed yesterday with my dad. He said it was sturdy enough to hold the weight of a dozen buns! :shock: I said don't tempt me! He quickly said it was only big enough for two! :lol:

He's charming. :love:

Have you tried mixing the hay with his dried food? I find that my rather spoilt Spenser likes to be hand fed bits of hay. We have a sort of tug of war, then he decides to eat it, getting as close to my finger as possible in the process.

He's charming. :love:

Have you tried mixing the hay with his dried food? I find that my rather spoilt Spenser likes to be hand fed bits of hay. We have a sort of tug of war, then he decides to eat it, getting as close to my finger as possible in the process.

:lol: Well I hope Peter hasn't been taking tips from Spenser!

I hadn't thought to try putting his dried food in :oops: That's a very good idea!

I tried sprinkling fresh herbs on his hay, but he doesn't know what herbs are. :( So I tried carrot. Carrot isn't a foodstuff in Peter's world either. :( I tried putting the herbs and carrot in his muesli mix, but he just ate around it!

He follows me around while I sweep! He's sooo friendly! :love:

Don't give up on carrot. Spenser wouldn't acknowledge it as a foodstuff at first. He took to dried carrot before fresh, but now he would eat more carrot than is good for him given half the chance.

Back