• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any one used the Vacgroom Vacuum & Hoover Attachment for rabbits?

Hi there, would appreciate any feedback on this as it would be really useful for the giant I'm adopting...be too nervous to use it on my mini lop x

If its noisy I think it might terrify a Rabbit
Far better to use an ordinary grooming kit (combs, brushes etc) IMO :)

I would be very wary of using this on a rabbit due to the metal teeth and the fact that rabbits have such paper-thin skin but I have used the brush attachment of my hoover on the rabbits (and cats) and they love it! x

Gemma has started coming up to the hoover. She got sucked up a bit as she went under the unit when I was hoovering under there and I was terrified I had hurt her, but when I pulled the hose out, she ran back to the end of it and did it again - weird bunny! She now seems to like the suction, although it isn't something I encourage. I guess it depends how powerful your hoover is - mine isn't that good - it is always partially blocked with hay!! Gemma lifts the dustpan out of my hand too when I use that and throws it around the kitchen - so I got her and George one of their own - but they don't use it for collecting stray raisins, sadly.

All my indoor buns are all fine with the noise of the hoover - when I fostered the trio in the lounge I got them used to it very early on so now they carry on nomming.

I would be very wary of using this on a rabbit due to the metal teeth and the fact that rabbits have such paper-thin skin but I have used the brush attachment of my hoover on the rabbits (and cats) and they love it! x
Thank u:D Wouldn't use it on wils so much but maybe lily the giant when I get her:)

its only as noisy as the actual vaccum cleaner you use is;)

it used to be called the petvac didnt it? or have i got it TOTALLY wrong again:oops::lol:

we found you do have to be careful with the comb..its very much like a furminator and you can take out too much fur if you cant see what youve already done. Theres an alternative attachment if it is the petvac under a different name....its a round rubber toothed brushy thing...very good it you use gentle circular motions. The brill thing about the petvac is you dont end up blocking your vaccum cleaner...and you have more chance of keeping the hoovered fur in the petvac and not up your nose! also its long enough the flex and hose to shut the actual vaccum cleaner in a different room...so noise is much much less anyway.;)
wished id had ours when my massive frenchie doe willow was alive...her fur was like teddy bear fur and tons of it..ginger and white tumbleweeds or tribbles!!

i havent used the pet vac since bertie became ill with pasturella.....then seizures.i hate vaccuming upstirs with him downstairs as my hoover ive had for a year is very noisy:( stressed out bertie could equal dead bertie:(

im facing little lily bun with poss gi stasis this morning..shes been overgrooming herself where our combs and brushes dont do very much as she does more no matter how much we try.

bigger buns take longer to comb and they dont like sitting still too long....frenchies are bad enough but i imagine a giant would be even worse as theyre more energetic than dozy old flufs frenchies are..well most anyway!

Back