• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brian -U/D24th November Post 78

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Within the last hour he has lost his sight. He suddenly went into a mad hysterical panic, throwing himself about his enclosure. I had to grab him to stop him seriously harming himself. As I picked him up he just went limp, I thought he had died. But he hadn't, he was just totally unresponsive and breathing so fast he was shaking :cry: I put him into a warm ark box and let him for about 15 minutes. He calmed down and so I put him back in his enclosure and it all happened again :cry: Eventually I managed to examine him and he cannot see at all out of his left eye and he only has minimal sight in his right eye. There are no cataracts or evidence of bleeding on his retina, I have no idea what is going on, I do not believe it is an EC issue, but obviously I cant say for sure.

Called Vet and we agreed that he needs to have a chance to calm down and that transporting him will do more harm than good tonight. He will be seen by Laura tomorrow morning unless things deteriorate before then.

This has come as such an awful shock :cry:

Last edited:
So sorry to read this :( Lots of vibes for him and hope he calms down soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no Jane what an awful shock for you, hope Brian will be ok,

Sending him mega Vibes xxxx

Thinking of you and sending hugs ((()))
xxxxxx

I'm so sorry for both of you. That must be so frightening. I hope it is not anything serious and the vet can help. Massive (((hugs))) for you both xxxxx

What a worry; it sounds very distressing for him and you. :( Sending lots of vibes. xxx

Thank you everyone

Brian is calmer now, but I have to make sure that he knows I am approaching by talking to him as he goes into another panic if startled :cry:
I have had another look at his eyes and there is some uveitis in the left one :cry:

Thankfully his GI tract is still ticking over at the moment.

Oh my God, how terrifying :shock: :cry: poor poor Brian, he must be wondering what's happened :( sending tons and tons of vibes for him, i hope he will be ok :( xxx

Back