• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Terrified Rabbit on Blue Peter :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Eeeeeeeeeejit Vet saying that Rabbits have nasty habits like 'eating their own poo'

:roll:

Sorry, meant to post this in RC

What can you say.:roll: Where do the tv channels get these people from. Must be friends of friends, and they never seem to do any research.

He (Vet) spent ages talking about the needs of Chinchillas as he really likes them. The poor Rabbit got about 10 seconds and not one word about welfare needs just that they eat their poo which kids may find 'off putting' :roll:

He (Vet) spent ages talking about the needs of Chinchillas as he really likes them. The poor Rabbit got about 10 seconds and not one word about welfare needs just that they eat their poo which kids may find 'off putting' :roll:

I hope he didn't say that chins make good kids pets :(

:shock:

Hopefully his chinchilla talk was more informative but, on the positive side, perhaps the poo-eating might help to put children off if they haven't done their own research. :?

He should have said chinchillas poo everywhere and every morning and night it scatters all outside the cage/hutch. Chinchillas are very messy animals. He isn't going to mention you find their poos in your bag, behind the fridge, in shoes, on the bed (from your feet), etc, even if you vaccum or sweep twice a day. So biased. (but I do love them).

He should have said chinchillas poo everywhere and every morning and night it scatters all outside the cage/hutch. Chinchillas are very messy animals. He isn't going to mention you find their poos in your bag, behind the fridge, in shoes, on the bed (from your feet), etc, even if you vaccum or sweep twice a day. So biased. (but I do love them).

So does Ruby :roll:
She's not taking to litter training too well and likes to sit on the chair arm and fire poo.

Eeeeeeeeeejit Vet saying that Rabbits have nasty habits like 'eating their own poo'

:roll:

Sorry, meant to post this in RC

My rabbits have been on blue peter are were lovely and calm, it was just before Easter and the vet (female, asian, young and pretty) was brilliant with him - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_0XgpHaqw (although I have to say I wasn't happy with the presented 'tickling' his stomach, he didn't do this in rehersal, but if it had of been any of my other rabbits they'd of kicked out)

I'm guessing it's not the same vet?

My rabbits have been on blue peter are were lovely and calm, it was just before Easter and the vet (female, asian, young and pretty) was brilliant with him - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_0XgpHaqw (although I have to say I wasn't happy with the presented 'tickling' his stomach, he didn't do this in rehersal, but if it had of been any of my other rabbits they'd of kicked out)

I'm guessing it's not the same vet?

No, Joe 'I am wonderful' Ingliss

ETA- Here i the programme http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbbc/episode/b017pkny/Blue_Peter_21_11_2011/

Last edited:
I wasn't very impressed with this either. He went from animal to animal saying 'these make great pets.'
He spent far too little time explaining the needs of a rabbit. I also thought it was poor how they had the rabbit and a guinea pig together in a pen with a tiny divider between the two, despite telling the viewers that it's not recommended to keep them together. Anyone watching who doesn't know better would think it's ok to keep them like that. :evil:

Off putting my backside...I havnt seen P&D eat their ceacals (sp?) nor I have I ever seen them in the hutch and I only know that it happens becuase I have read about it so I know to watch out for seeing them uneaten :roll:

Back