• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bonding Escapades of Branston and Heinz (UD#4)

Stufi

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

So we had an eventful weekend just gone. Fi's best friend is getting married next year so I thought it would be nice if they could have their two Bunnies as a bonded pair. They are two (done) males who have had to be apart for over 1 year due to some vicious fighting and their Hummins were very nervous and said it could not be done so I was prepared for the worst.

Branston

IMG_3372.jpg

Heinz (who I keep calling Pickle :oops: )

IMG_3378-1.jpg

So Saturday was the day and I picked them up while the girlies went of dress shopping. After an hour long drive home they were placed together for the first time and immediately a BIG fight kicked off. This was soon calmed down with a got deal of water being sprayed, resulting in two went Buns :)

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3326-1.jpg

They sat around looking sorry for themselves and cleaning. There were a couple more 'fights' but this was the dominance episode with more jumping and nipping rather than anything full on. Things then soon settled down, albeit at a distance.

IMG_3340.jpg

I am glad, and really surprised, to say that within a few hours there was no major episodes and they started to move closer and to make a long story shorter please enjoy the photos below of, what have turned out to be, two beautifully loving Buns who no don't seem to leave each others side apart from when one fancies food that the other doesn't.

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

I now have to ensure that the transition home is well managed and the shared space is extended slowly etc, but I am confident if done properly I have managed to give them both a much better Wedding present than a Toaster

Last edited:
How wonderful. What a wedding present! :love:

Neutralising their old place is the next step. Fancy doing that as another wedding present? :lol:

How wonderful. What a wedding present! :love:

Neutralising their old place is the next step. Fancy doing that as another wedding present? :lol:

Let's just say that I have provided adequate instructions so that it can be done before I arrive :lol:

So just an update on the terrible twosome.

Everything has been very quiet and they seem to be best buddies. Today (a bit of a risk I know) I decided to give them a little bit of space and play in the garden. Believe it or not these little ones have never been on grass, although they are far from neglected I must add :)

So apart from a little bit of humping which soon dispersed all went well but tbh they didn't really pay attention to the grass or eat any but they did have a good explore

First off here is Branston again. Very quiet and chilled but seems to be the Boss

IMG_3489-Copy.jpg

and here is Heinz. The bigger of the two and a really misunderstood little chap. has really calmed down and is no the more loving of the two with plenty of grooming.

IMG_3487-Copy.jpg

Heinz was bar far the more active and loved the tunnels

IMG_3449.jpg

Branston had a bit of a sniff and a munch but not for long

IMG_3473.jpg

Mmmmmmm this air tastes funny

IMG_3485-Copy.jpg

Please don't make me go inside Uncle Stu

IMG_3494-Copy.jpg

IMG_3503-Copy-1.jpg

They are going back to their forever home on Sunday and they will be missed but hopefully they will now be happier than they were before they came when they were seperated

Awwww, what a cute looking couple. I adore Branston. :love::love: I'm glad things seem to be going really well.

Yuss, though not well :) we've done work together before and both have bunnies, which somehow came up in conversation! Glad their bonding is going well, I hope they stay thoroughly loved up!

Back